𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

3 weeks later

Star

I finally got discharged from the hospital. After they ran some more tests, they said I was good to go. But I didn't feel like it. Not without Hue.

They said if Jazmine hadn't called 911 when she did, he wouldn't have made it...

I'm laying down watching a movie right now. I don't feel like doing anything. Jaz is downstairs.

Something pulled on my cover. I already knew it was Astro. I picked him up and sat him on the bed with me.

He started whining.

"You miss him too?"

He howled.

"I miss him too..."

Tears rolled down my face.

I can't help but feel like all this is my fault. If I hadn't gotten sick in the first place, none of this would've happened... Now he's suffering because of me.... I don't deserve to live for the pain I caused him....

I gave Astro a bunch of kisses. This was going to be the last time he's gonna see me.

"Don't forget me, okay?"

I sat him down and went into my closet and picked out the prettiest dress I had. I know I said to myself, I would never wear this dress, but when they find my body, at least I'll still be pretty.

 I know I said to myself, I would never wear this dress, but when they find my body, at least I'll still be pretty

I grabbed a bag and put the dress in there, and went downstairs. I have to deal with Jazmine.

"Hey, you feeling better?"

"Yeah. I am"

Lies.

"I'm about to order some food, you want me to order something for you?"

"No, I'm good Jaz. Not really hungry"

"Sure?"

"Yeah"

"Mkay. What you got there?"

"Yoga stuff. I'm gonna go the park and meditate some"

More lies.

"Want me to come with you?"

"No. Stay. It's fine. Besides, I need you to watch Astro for me"

She nodded her head. I walked over to her and gave her a big hug. I didn't let go.

"Thanks for being there for me, Jaz. For everything"

"Of course. What kind of girl best friend would I be if I didn't?"

I slightly smiled at her and walked to the door.

"Be careful"

"I will"