13||Promises

I think this book is gonna be 25 chapters,, not sure yet👀

Warnings: flashbacks, sad stuff, slight violence.

The flashbacks are from chapter 5-6(except one)

Song recommendation: lovely - Billie Eilish

No one's POV

"Will you let me out?" Taehyung asked, Jeongguk looked up, The younger's eyes are void of any emotions.

"There's one condition." Jeongguk whispered , before speaking again "I'm not sure if you'd like that but I guess you have to be included in the whole thing so you won't tell anyone about it."

Taehyung titled his head, confused "what do you mean?"

"Work for me, I'll train you by myself".

"..."

"So? Think about it— I can pay you as well".

"Are you out of your mind?" Taehyung snapped, making the older male confused.

"What's wrong now?"

"What about my friends? My family Jeongguk!" Taehyung paused, taking a deep breathe to calm himself down before speaking again.

"First of all they can be put in danger, second of all I'm not gonna live as a killer— how do you think I'll accept that ?"

Jeongguk pressed his lips together and sighed, looking anywhere else to not meet the other's eyes and murmured "guess you wanna be trapped for a while here".

"But-"

"No buts, I told you the only way available— plus I offered to be the one training you so you would feel comfortable ."

Taehyung just wanted to punch the other in the face right now, this job is risky and it's not like he wants to be working in a fucking mafia, nope, that wasn't his life plan at all— it's not like he has one.

"Who said I'm comfortable with you?" Taehyung sighed, making the other look at him with an unreadable emotion in his eyes.

Jeongguk blinked twice before standing up and adjusting his clothes, feeling so done with the stubborn kid in front of him.

He grabbed Taehyung's hair making the other groan in pain and shut his eyes.

Taehyung tried to take the other's hand off but failed "Leave me alone you jerk!"

Jeongguk just tightened his grip and made the other look at him, which made the other releases a small whimper from the pain.

"Not comfortable with me huh?" Jeongguk whispered in a deeper voice, making the other feel more terrified than he already is.