6 | Hope

The next day Taehyung thought about it, again, whether he should open up to Seokjin. And if he does, what should he tell him, how should he start. This whole writing thing did make stuff somewhat easier but he still had to think about what to write. He didn't even know what Seokjin would ask or tell him today.

Taehyung's life hadn't changed a lot, he was still depressed. But some things, even though they were trivial, they did change.

He finished his work in the afternoon and went to the sea.

After a while, he felt Seokjin sit beside him, he brought something more than just a book and a pen. The blue flowers.

He kept them in front of the book in between them. Taehyung was confused. Seokjin hadn't said anything about them, he just kept them there.

When Seokjin took the book and began writing, Taehyung observed those flowers, they were really beautiful and seemed full of life, unlike him.

Taehyung picked up the book when Seokjin finished writing.

"Why do you come here, to the sea?"

The question seemed simple but the answer wasn't. Taehyung took his time to write and Seokjin waited patiently.

After a while, he was able to read what Taehyung wrote.

"I like to see those waves. Even though they keep changing, their speed and wavelength keeps changing, their color doesn't, it is still blue. Just like my life, no matter what happens, I don't feel anything, except blue"

Taehyung felt Seokjin's stare on him for a while before Seokjin started writing. For the first time he wanted to look at someone, there wasn't a particular reason but what mattered was that he felt it and it was surprising for him.

Still, Taehyung didn't look at his side, he looked at those flowers while waiting for Seokjin to finish writing. And when Seokjin kept the book down, he picked it up, nervously.

"I'm glad that you chose to share this with me. I really am. But I wasn't asking about this. I already know, I can see it. And I know that you miss your sister"

Taehyung read it and was shocked, it did seem scary. He didn't take much time to write on the paper.

"How do you know? Are you a hallucination? Prove it"

Seokjin read it and started writing. Taehyung quickly took the book as soon as he finished writing.

"I'm not a hallucination, I'm real.

I've known you for a long time. You used to have that beautiful smile on your face, I miss that. I wasn't a stalker. You may not know but I live only a few blocks away from you. You may have never noticed me but I used to notice you every time I saw you. And there was a time when I waited for you for days but you didn't come. I was worried. And after a few days when I was finally able to see to you, you looked different. You looked dull. You rarely used to come out of the house and your sister wasn't there with you. You didn't talk to anyone. And that was how I knew.

If you're convinced by now, then can we proceed with the previous question- What made you come out here and sit by the sea?"

When Taehyung was reading that, he felt Seokjin's hand on his, for a second. And it felt so real that he was convinced it wasn't just a hallucination.

He started writing on a paper, explaining about the dream.

After a while, Seokjin read it. Then he started writing. Once done, he kept a piece of paper from the book at his right, for Taehyung to read.

Taehyung took it.

"You could've chosen to ignore the dream, you could've chosen to not come here. But you did. Because you still have hope. And that's really a big thing.

Where flowers bloom so does hope."