17 | Bridge

The next day the teacher took an extra class till five-thirty and Taehyung had lost almost all his patience. As soon as the class got over, he was walking fast and soon he started running.

He knew Seokjin would've already arrived and if he didn't reach on time, Seokjin might leave. Also, he had a date at six, so he had to hurry. On his way, two of his friends asked him why he was running, he ignored them saying later. There was no time to explain.

With heavy breaths, he reached the park and could see Seokjin at the small bridge, walking the other way. "Seokjin!", he called him a few times until he was at the bridge.

"Wait. Listen, I was going to be here early but the teacher took an extra class", Taehyung said with heavy breaths as Seokjin looked at him. "And I got this thing with a friend, it is really important. Can we make this quick?", Taehyung said.

"You're the one that called me. What's the important thing? Why did you call me?", Seokjin was looking at Taehyung who seemed really anxious to him.

For some reason, Taehyung wasn't able to tell Seokjin that he had a date. Will Seokjin think that I'm really silly? No, I can't tell him about it, Taehyung thought. He tried to find some excuse. "A lesson? Tell me something quick. Some philosophy. It has been a long time", he said.

Seokjin just stared at him, he knew Taehyung's mind was taking control over him, making him really anxious, he knew Taehyung was lying, it was too easy to notice.

Taehyung couldn't tell the truth nor could he run away. He looked around to find something to talk about.

"The atmosphere here is so calm and lively", Taehyung said but Seokjin didn't give any response.

"The sky seems clearer". Seokjin was still looking at him in the same way and Taehyung started to get more anxious.

"The grass is greener. Look, there's a white butterfly", Taehyung pointed at some spot where a butterfly didn't exist. And Seokjin didn't budge.

Taehyung looked down at the stream below the bridge, "I wonder how deep is the stream today", he said, gazing absent-mindedly down into the rushing waters.

The next thing Taehyung knew, he had been thrown into the water. Seokjin had tossed Taehyung off the bridge.

"Well, how deep is it?", he heard Seokjin ask from above as he started to walk away.

Taehyung somehow dragged himself and his waterlogged clothes out of the waters and yelled, following Seokjin, "Hey! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You told me that you were in a hurry", Seokjin replied, as he still continued walking.

"So you pushed me off the bridge?", Taehyung yelled.

"I emptied your mind", Seokjin said.

"You what?- No you didn't, you threw me into the water", Taehyung argued.

"And while you were falling, tell me Taehyung, what were you thinking of?", Seokjin asked.

"Were you thinking about college?"

"No!", Taehyung yelled.

"Grocery Shopping?"

"No!"

"This thing that you had to hurry off to?"

"No! I was-" Taehyung sighed.

"The present. You were devoted wholly to the experience that you were having. And you even had a word for it. Ahhh!", Seokjin imitated Taehyung's yell from the time when he was pushed into the water.

Taehyung shook his head in disapproval, "You are out of your mind, do you know that?"

"And it has taken me a long time to achieve it. I want you out of your mind too", Seokjin said he walked towards a tree and stood there.

Taehyung followed him. "We have talked about it before. But it seems that I still don't know how to do it. What is that you do? Do you do some kind of trick, some kind of magic, or some kind of martial arts move? Because I didn't see it coming", Taehyung said, frustrated.

"You weren't paying attention. Even now you are not. Your mind is filling up again", Seokjin said as he was looking at his surroundings, "You are missing out on everything that's going on", he continued.

Taehyung looked around to see if there was something going on in the surroundings. "There is nothing going on", he replied.

And while Taehyung was just standing there in disbelief, not being aware, Seokjin quickly went to his back and held his shoulders. And Taehyung was in the moment again, because he was surprised.

"Focus", Seokjin said, holding him firmly.

And when Taehyung focused he was able to feel everything in heightened senses. He saw the three boys laughing at a distance, he could feel their happiness and their voices were loud as if they were near him. He saw a girl at a distance; she had a smile on her face as she threw the stick for her dog to catch, but it felt as if Taehyung could hear a faint noise that the stick made while it was in the air and when the dog's teeth collided with it. Then the dog ran back towards the girl. As she was caressing the dog, Taehyung could hear some faints grunts that the dog made out of contentment. He saw a boy flipping pages of the book. But the sound of pages was too clear to Taehyung."

Seokjin released him.

"What did you do to me?", Taehyung asked as he was shocked by the thing that just happened.

He was looking at Seokjin who seemed extremely calm as he spoke, "There is never nothing going on."

Taehyung thought about what just happened and he realized that there was so much going on when he focused. He realized the lesson- There are no ordinary moments and there's is always something going on.

And when he looked at Seokjin he could see that the look in Seokjin's eyes had nothing but affection and care. He could feel that Seokjin really wanted to help him.

As he took a step towards Seokjin. Seokjin talked, "You need to take out the trash from your mind; only then you'll be able to focus on the things that matter, this moment. Here and Now, remember? And everything will be just fine. Even your date, today", Seokjin said with a smirk.

Taehyung looked at the ground. He didn't know why he felt so anxious talking about it to Seokjin.

"Why are you still anxious? What more do you need to know now?", Seokjin went closer to Taehyung and Taehyung anxiously walked back till he was trapped between Seokjin and the tree.

"Do you need me to show you how to make a move?"

Taehyung was extremely flustered with Seokjin's face so much closer to his, while Seokjin voice turned into a completely different one. At that moment he couldn't even hide his face, he had no control.

Seokjin moved back and put his hand forward for a handshake.

"It will be just fine. Just relax and focus on the moment. Good luck!". They shook hands and Seokjin smiled widely whereas Taehyung was still recovering. He wondered if he got this flustered with Seokjin then how would things be around Hyun Woo.