9 | Where are you

They were sitting quietly for a while until Seokjin asked a question.

"What time is it?"

Taehyung looked at his watch, "It's six-thirty."

"No, what time is it?" Seokjin looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung was confused. He looked at his watch again it was six-thirty. "Six-thirty and forty seconds," he answered again.

"No. I'm asking about the time"

Taehyung wondered what was wrong with the answer? Is this a test? After a few seconds, Taehyung answered, "It's the evening."

Seokjin shook his head, indicating that it wasn't the right answer.

"Where are you?" Seokjin asked.

"At the sea," Taehyung answered. But Seokjin didn't look satisfied with it.

"Where is the sea?"

"In Daegu"

"Where is Daegu?"

"In South Korea"

"Where is South Korea?"

"In Asia. Are we done yet?", Taehyung was starting to get frustrated.

"Where is Asia?"

"On Earth. Are you ok?"

"Yes. Where is Earth?"

"Broo! ... It is in the solar system. It is the third planet from the Sun and the fifth largest planet in terms of size and mass, the only planet known to harbor life. And if you're even curious about the Sun, then Sun is a small star in the Milky Way galaxy. Alright?"

"Where is the Milky Way?"

"Huh, Brother! The Universe! You know, for once I was starting to get really curious. I was really trying to learn from you but do you just want me to waste my time like this? If this is how it's going to be, then I don't know", Taehyung sighed and crossed his arms. He looked at Seokjin as if he was done with this thing.

"You're cute!", Seokjin smiled and continued, "Where is the Universe?"

" It includes all of space and all the matter and energy that space contains. And there are various theories like the Big Bang Theory and-",

"Not that. I asked... Where is it?", Seokjin interrupted.

Taehyung sighed, "I don't know. How can I answer it?"

"You see, that's the point. You cannot. And no one can. No one exactly knows where everything is or how it came to be. Just like I said before, life is a puzzle and there's no need to make sense out of it. It may take you long to understand this, but you will.

You say that you're curious and were trying to find the answers, trying to make sense out of the mysteries, but there was a simple answer right there. Yet you missed it."

Taehyung was silent for a while, trying to think about it, "So there is an answer?"

"Yes, a simple one. But it is normal to not know it right away. Many of us don't try to understand the simplicity of things, we just get serious and try to make it complicated.

But you are trying. And I don't want to waste your time. I'm glad that you're curious. But before I can tell you any further, I need you to find the answers to those two questions. So, the next time we meet, I'll need them".

Taehyung nodded and there was a silence for a few minutes.

Seokjin left after a few minutes. It was Taehyung's time to leave too.

Taehyung went home and those two questions never left his mind. He really wanted to answer them. And when he thought that he wasn't able to, he started recalling all the things Seokjin told him since they met. He thought about it for some time.

He also remembered the thing about friends and after contemplating for a while, he called them and asked them if they were free to meet the next day. They agreed and said they were really happy to.

He was feeling a bit better than before and he really wanted to meet them. Even though he hadn't talked much to people except the cashier at the grocery store and Seokjin, he wanted to try talking to his friends again. In fact, he was starting to miss them.

--------------------

The next morning, Taehyung met his friends. He tried to apply the things he heard before. He tried to keep it simple and to not think much. Even though he couldn't fully apply it, it still helped a little. And that is why he was curious to be able to learn how to apply it fully. And for that, he was trying to find the answers.

But then, he recalled how Seokjin mentioned him wasting time to find the answer to the last question, so he tried to avoid thinking about the answers to those two recent questions. Instead, he tried to focus on the time that he was spending with his friends at that moment.

And just a few minutes before they were about to say goodbye, Taehyung found it. He found the answers. He wondered how he wasn't able to find them all this time.