11 | Phantom Controlling

Taehyung was sitting quietly with his eyes closed.

"Focus on your breathing but don't try to control it. Try to recognize how the breath feels. Every breath can be different or similar. Just observe it, without trying to control it.", Seokjin said.

For about five minutes, Taehyung tried to do it. Then he opened his eyes. "It feels better than I expected. It feels as if I'm really aware of the moment right now. I mean not really, but much more than I used to. But it was still hard to focus. My mind was like a monkey, jumping from one thought to another, making it difficult for me to focus".

Both of them laughed.

"It is normal. It'll be hard to focus at first. But if you practice it, it will get easier. I'm not saying that it is the way of life, but you can always do it whenever you feel that your mind is taking control. And after you get really good at doing it, you may not even need to do it. Because you'll know how to be aware in the moment," Seokjin looked at Taehyung. Both of them chuckled as hearing or saying it seemed a bit unusual. But Seokjin hoped and believed that Taehyung would try.

"Ok. I'll do it," Taehyung nodded assuringly.

"Ok. And you wanted to tell me something earlier?" Seokjin watched Taehyung intently, waiting for him to speak.

Taehyung was surprised how Seokjin knew about it. He smiled as he thought about the thing that he was going to say.

"I met my friends. It went better than I expected"

"That's great!", Seokjin smiled and they shook hands.

Taehyung continued, "And today, I thought about things. I'm thinking about res-"

"Job is not the thing that you should resume with", Seokjin interrupted.

Taehyung looked at Seokjin in surprise. How did he know what I was going to say? And what does he mean?

"You mean, University?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes. The University. Think about it. Ok? You can take your time.  Also, I believe in you and have no doubt that you can do it if you want to," Seokjin replied.

Taehyung recalled how he left college. He was a sincere student before but then, something happened and he got depressed. He started to hate college, he wasn't able to focus on his studies and thought that he would fail so he left it before giving the exam.

In the past, he thought about resuming college a few times, but he always ended up deciding not to, he was scared. But this time he had a chance to consider it again.

"I'm not sure, but I'll think about it," Taehyung replied.

"That's fair. I'm sure that you will make the right decision," Seokjin smiled.

After that, they didn't speak anything for a while.

There was something that Taehyung had been wanting to ask Seokjin.

"You're really not my intuition, right? Are you real or do you have some kind of power?" Taehyung asked.

Seokjin chuckled, "No I'm real. I'm just a normal human like you. Does it look like I have any kind of powers? No, right?"

Taehyung still looked at Seokjin, questionably. "You seem to be able to read my mind most of the time"

Seokjin shifted slightly towards Taehyung, looking at his eyes. Taehyung found himself getting a little flustered, he tried to hide it.

"Yes, as a matter of fact," Seokjin admitted, "I do know what you're thinking most of the time. And that's because your mind is easy to read, for it is written all over your face."

Taehyung blushed.

"See what I mean?" Seokjin smiled.

When Taehyung's face got back to normal, Seokjin took Taehyung's hand in his and Taehyung blushed again, "See, that's it", Seokjin chuckled and released Taehyung's hand. "No one needs to be a magician or have some kind of power to read faces. Poker players, do it all the time."

Taehyung nodded.

"Don't forget to practice the Phantom Controlling technique", Seokjin said as they were about to leave. Taehyung agreed as he chuckled at the name.

I know that this thing is getting somewhat philosophical, maybe more than expected. Like I wrote in the description, it may or may not be related to Blue Side and Blue and Grey. I also mentioned not having any idea of things that will be happening in this story and that I'll be writing anything that comes to my mind.

So, I don't know if it will progress with just philosophy or philosophy + Taejin falling in love. But I hope that I'll know that by tomorrow and that I could finish writing this by tomorrow.