18 | Fix me

Taehyung's date went better than he expected. At some point he thought that something was missing, but then he tried to focus on the things that were present. And he was happy with the result. Hyun Woo seemed like a good person and they agreed to do this again.

He wanted to tell Seokjin that the things that he told him were working.

As days passed by, Taehyung kept practicing all those things. He knew that they helped, he could see it. He was more aware, the emotions of people were easy to make out. It was easy for him to focus on the important things. He was getting better at academics. It was getting easier to be happy.

After almost two months there was a time when Taehyung was feeling as if he was really happy as if he was really enjoying life. But something happened, his life started to get somewhat unstable. The improvements stopped and he felt uneasy for some reason.

He had started drinking not much but at times he lost track of it. He even got into a few fights, with his friends, regretting it later. He wasn't able to understand what was wrong.

Was he being too easy on himself? Was he taking everything for granted? Or had he given up because he still wasn't able to achieve complete happiness? He didn't know.

His life wasn't miserable at all, it was still ok, at times, he felt really happy but the other times he felt really sad. There was a certain kind of instablilty and he couldn't understand the reason for it.

He tried to contact Seokjin, he even went to the cafe but the waiter told him that Seokjin wasn't in Daegu and would come back after a week.

One day, one of his Taehyung's friends told him that he just saw Hyun Woo with a girl, that they were holding hands and looked like partners. Taehyung didn't believe it at first but when he really went to see what his friend was talking about, he saw Hyun Woo kissing a girl. It made him feel really hurt and angry. He walked over to Hyun Woo and slapped him before leaving that place.

Taehyung's friends tried to comfort him, but he was hurt. He tried to forget what happened between him and Hyun Woo, he tried to get rid of those thoughts but it was hard to.

For the next few days, he used to feel sad and missed his sister. Some nights, he used to cry. Some nights, he was ok.

One day he was feeling really anxious and sad for some reason. He thought about talking to Seokjin. It felt as he was only one person Taehyung needed right now.

He texted Seokjin, asking him if they could meet. But he didn't get any reply.

---------------------

The next evening, Seokjin came back to the cafe and the waiter informed him that Taehyung came to the cafe in the afternoon and he did not looking ok at all.

Seokjin got worried. He went home and texted Taehyung asking him if he was ok. He didn't get a reply for a long time, so he called Taehyung but Taehyung wasn't answering.

Seokjin decided to go to Taehyung's apartment to check on him. It didn't take long. After a few minutes, he was outside Taehyung's apartment.

He knocked on the door but there was no response. "Taehyung, it is me, Seokjin", he knocked again and Taehyung opened it after a few seconds.

Seokjin looked at Taehyung and it looked as if he had been drinking and crying. His attention drifted to the floor, at the picture of his sister, and at the next moment Taehyung sat on the floor crying, he couldn't hold it.

Seokjin's heart broke, looking at the scene. He sat down next to Taehyung. He made Taehyung face him by holding his face, "What's wrong? Tell me how can I help? What can I do for you?", he asked.

Taehyung wasn't saying anything. Seokjin held his hands.

"'Just hold me...Because you're the only thing that can fix me right now", Taehyung said with a quavering voice. Seokjin wanted to tell Taehyung that he wasn't the one that can fix him but he knew that he couldn't say it right now.

It broke Seokjin's heart to see Taehyung drunk and crying like this. He didn't want to see him weak and sad. He held Taehyung close to him, for minutes, till he calmed down.

When Seokjin pulled back and looked at Taehyung, he looked pale.

"Stay", Taehyung said. Seokjin just stared at Taehyung.

Taehyung felt something that night as he realized Seokjin had always been there for him. He felt something in the way Seokjin held him till he calmed down. It was so tender. He might have been hesitant to fall for Seokjin in the past, but right now he did and he couldn't help it. But he couldn't say it to Seokjin. He could only ask him to stay while he can.

"Stay. I promise that I am getting better. I don't know how things turned out to be like this; but I promise, I'll get better eventually. But please stay. Stay with me, at least today. I don't want to be alone right now". Seokjin nodded.