20 | Graduation

After a long time, Taehyung had learned to live happily. He understood how Seokjin was able to feel this happy all the time.

And now, Taehyung was happy, too. He was happy, without reason. He had learned to enjoy all the ordinary moments. He was simply awake.

One day, while he was sitting on the park bench he was overflowed with happiness and burst out with laughter. It was a laugh of an unreasonably happy man. He had lost all his rules and fears. He could no longer be controlled. He didn't have a certain code of behavior but he could sense what was balanced, appropriate, and loving. He had lost his mind and fallen into his heart.

He recalled how he had imagined that finding happiness would lead him to a certain gate and that would be the destination, but now he realized that it was an illusion. The path would continue, without end; but now it was full of light.

---------------------------

About eleven months ago, Taehyung was at a party and a boy named Sung Ho, immediately caught his eye. He was a tall, lean person with a pretty face, wearing simple clothes. He had a heartwarming smile. Taehyung hoped to see him again.

After a week, he began seeing Sung Ho and Taehyung felt really attracted to him. They went on a few dates and it hit off really well. Taehyung was growing closer to him so quickly that it scared him. Sung Ho was not in his plans. Still, his attraction towards Sung Ho grew. At some point, he felt unfaithful to Seokjin but he never knew if Seokjin would come to him again. He never returned his calls or texted him. He wasn't in Daegu. While Seokjin, once was in and out of his life, Sung Ho was really sweet, loving and he was there, with him.

They were together for ten months. Sung Ho was a caring, sweet, and loving person but as the months passed Taehyung realized that something was missing. He couldn't talk as openly with Sung Ho as he did with Seokjin. Sung Ho couldn't understand Taehyung the way Seokjin understood him. After all those relationships, Taehyung understood that he couldn't feel that kind of connection with anyone other than Seokjin.

After being with Sung-Ho for ten months, Taehyung ended it three days ago. He wasn't sad as he was sitting on that park bench, he was happy. He had learned to let go, to not be attached, to go with the flow of life.

The next day, Taehyung had to attend his graduation. He smiled thinking of how far he has come. That day, he thought about visiting RJ cafe. Seokjin wasn't in Daegu for about a year, so his friend Yoongi gladly took care of it. Taehyung had met him, he remembered his gummy smile, it was unique and unforgettable.

That afternoon, Taehyung was walking down that street, to RJ cafe. Every time he walked there, he used to remember the first time when Seokjin took him to his cafe.

Taehyung had come to realize that all those times, Seokjin felt something for him, he liked Taehyung more than a friend but Taehyung didn't take the hint.

-----------------------------------

He was sitting inside RJ cafe when Yoongi came to him with a gummy smile. Taehyung knew that there must be some reason for it.

And the next minute, Taehyung had a wide smile on his face. He couldn't stop smiling because Yoongi told him that Seokjin will be back the next afternoon.

Before Taehyung left the cafe, Yoongi gave Seokjin's new number to Taehyung.

As soon as Taehyung reached home he sent a text to Seokjin.

Seokjin replied after a few minutes saying that he was going to come to Daegu around three o'clock.

Taehyung told him about his graduation.

Seokjin called Taehyung and apologized as he couldn't come to his graduation because he couldn't reach Daegu till then, but he asked Taehyung to meet him in the evening so that they can celebrate.

The next morning Taehyung attended his graduation. His teachers were proud of him. He did really well. But Taehyung never forgot the lesson about achievements. He knew how it goes.

Before leaving, he took time to bid goodbye to all his friends. But every one of them knew that they would be meeting each other even after this.

The smile never left his face. He was going to meet Seokjin that evening. He wanted to tell him what he felt and was happy that he would get a chance to tell him now that he is back.