7 | Impermanence

Taehyung kept reading the thing that was written on the piece of paper. Do I really have hope? Is this going to get better? And why is he helping me? Who am I to him?

Taehyung thought, and soon after that, he thought about his sister, the memories with her, and the last time that he saw her. He ended up crying. But it was different, he felt sad, really sad. It broke him.

The next day when he woke up, he was still depressed, but he wanted to meet Seokjin and talk with him even if it was just through a piece of paper.

----------------------

He was sitting by the sea, trying to look at the waves, a bit differently, but he couldn't. Even if he had hope, he didn't know what to do with it. What was the use of hope if he was still depressed, how did it matter when it wasn't enough to bring his sister back?

Right when he was thinking about it, Seokjin arrived. He kept down the book, pen and those three flowers that he had brought yesterday. But they weren't the same. Their color had changed into a brownish one, they were withered and lifeless.

"Hi," Seokjin said.

"Hi," Taehyung replied.

Taehyung waited for Seokjin to say something after that, but he didn't.

After a few minutes, Seokjin smiled as he saw Taehyung writing.

Just a few seconds later, he took the book to read what Taehyung had written.

"What is it about those three flowers?"

Seokjin smiled after reading the question that he had expected.

Taehyung had to wait a bit longer for the answer this time.

He picked up the paper as soon as Seokjin finished writing.

"You see, the day before they looked blue, beautiful and full of life and now they've withered. They make you realize that how nothing stays the same. Just like in life, happiness won't stay. Same for sadness. None of it could stay the same forever.

We as humans have this tendency to get attached to things. If something makes us happy, we get too attached to it, until it fades away leaving us sad and depressed. So you realize, if you don't get what you want then you suffer, if you get what you don't want then you suffer and even when you get exactly what you want you will still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. The people who really understand this impermanenceof life are the only ones who could stay truly happy. The only thing you need to do is to not get too attached, to let it pass. I know it's hard to put it into action. And you may think that instead of helping you get out of your depression and anxiety, I'm trying to teach you some philosophy.

But think about it. You're depressed now and you'll get out of it someday for sure. But there won't be a guarantee that you won't get depressed again. Therefore, there are certain things that you need to work on to prevent getting back to this state and to know how to get out of it.

And I'm not saying that I'm something greater than you or someone who knows everything. I'm just trying to help you and I'm ready to help you, genuinely. There are a lot of reasons why I'm doing this. But take it from someone who really wants to see you live a better life. Also, that reminds me of something- try to start talking to your friends"

Taehyung intently read that big paragraph, trying to understand the answer to the question that he was curious about.

Even though he got confused as he read the last paragraph, he smiled unknowingly. Why is he doing this? Does he like me? I really smiled or felt something good in life after a long time. Is this a really a change? Will it lead to something? Will I learn how to be happy? Will I understand the ways about life, just like Seokjin? Are there any rules?

Taehyung got really curious, it made him think and it was surprising.