Chapter 7: Excitement

Sofia

I worked with strong dominant men on a day to day basis. Having to put up with their demands, inappropriate comments and narcissistic personalities, I was used to feeling powerful over them, but this man was the literal definition of powerful.

We had only exchanged a few words and my toes were curling inside my shoes at his smooth voice. He was a man of control. I could tell by the way he held himself. One hand on the wheel, the other running through his dark brown hair. Every move was effortless.

After giving him the directions to my house, I couldn't help but observe him like a curious child.

Even though he was covered with a well fitted suit, I knew he was covered in tattoos judging from the intricate details on his hands that led further under his sleeves. Don't get me started on his bone structure. He looked like a model with neatly trimmed facial hair. And whatever cologne he was wearing, I wanted it.

"Better close that mouth of yours before you start drooling" he teased as his lips lifted into a smirk.

"Don't flatter yourself. I was just looking for any injuries".

The man raised a brow and looked my way before smiling and shaking his head.

"Injuries?".

"Yeah. You beat my ex up pretty bad, how come there's nothing on your face?" I asked with my eyes now fixed back to the road.

"Because unlike him, I can actually fight. Besides, I went in for the strike straight away. I was concerned he'd hurt you".

The man's tone suddenly grew dark at the thought of Elias hurting me.

"He would never hurt me" I corrected him, but I earned myself a glare from him.

"You sure about that treasure? The way he yelled at you to go back with him doesn't convince me of your statement".

As much as I knew Elias would never hurt me, I admit I was scared by the way he spoke to me. It was something I had never heard before. It was strange because it sounded dangerous, but as if he felt I was in danger.

But I wouldn't allow myself to think about him anymore. He was my past and now he had truly moved on.

Maybe it was time for me to do the same.

"What's going through that pretty head of yours?".

Biting my lip at the thought of becoming a little adventurous, I turned to the mysterious man and eyed him up and down.

"What's your name?".

I had become strangely comfortable, yet I knew nothing about this guy.

"Giovanni D'franciello, what about you darling?".

Oh God, I just wanted to hear him say his own name again and again.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thirsty thoughts when his strong tan hand grabbed my thigh before rubbing his thumb over my skin in a circular motion.

"I don't like to be ignored treasure, your name? What is it?" he growled out with complete dominance. Normally I enjoy shutting them down, but I was just so excited. Like a kitten wanting to play.

"Sofia Hendricks".

Giovanni gave me a side glance and smiled. But he didn't move his hand from off my thigh and nor was I wanting him to.

"Pretty name darling" he smirked giving me a wink before turning his eyes back to the road.

Looking down at my thigh, I watched silently as he continued to rub his thumb in a circular motion before retreating his hand back to the steering wheel.