Chapter 10: Who are you?

Sofia

"For a woman with a stunning figure, I am surprised at how much you could eat".

Giovanni wrapped his jacket around my shoulders after watching me shiver slightly as the cold air hit me as we left the restaurant.

He placed his hand on my lower back and escorted me through the busy street to his parked car. I couldn't help the blush that warmed my cheeks as I felt him occasionally bring my body closer to him.

"Well, food will always be my number one" I replied back with no emotion as it was an honest fact. Food would always be my one true love. It never hurt you, never let you down and always made me feel so damn good.

As we reached Giovanni's car, I felt him pull me back and turn me around so I was now staring deep into his eyes.

My heart started to race as he ran his finger along my jawline before lifting my head up with his fingers holding my chin.

"Maybe I can change that treasure" he muttered looking as if he was in a deep trance of some kind.

"Gio"-

"You're so beautiful. So breathtakingly beautiful" he whispered out with his eyes still fixed on me.

I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but I wasn't sure I was just ready for that.

As he leaned in slowly with his eyes gazing into mine, I couldn't help but press my hands against his chest hoping to stop him without having to tell him.

My body shivered with goosebumps as he stopped and frowned as my hands gently pressed against him.

"I'm sorry, I, I'm just not ready. But, I'd like to meet up again for a second date to see where things go. It's just that, I need time".

Even though I normally did not care for people's feelings, I could see the hurt on his face and that bothered me. But it was gone almost instantly and instead he smiled.

"It's understandable sweetheart. You were betrayed by the boy you loved. But now that I'm here, I will not allow anyone to break you. And don't worry, I am a very patient man. I'll eventually get you beautiful" he whispered huskily into my ear as he pulled me possessively against him.

And just like that, the cocky smooth man was back. He was like a game, and as much as I wanted to win the game, he also wanted to play and beat me.

Feeling completely turned on by his possessive words, I looked down at the ground hoping to cool my burning cheeks, but Giovanni wouldn't allow it. 

"Thank you for understanding and thank you for such a lovely date".

Giovanni opened the door to his huge car and helped me in.

"Don't thank me treasure. A woman should be spoilt every single day" he responded before firmly shutting the door.

As I put my seat belt on, I watched anxiously as he walked around the car with such dominance and power. 

He gave me a genuine smile as he swiftly got in and put on his own seat belt.

"Right, where to now?" he asked as he switched the car on ready to take me home. 

As much as I wanted to go home or to my new home, the night was young and even though I turned down Giovanni's advances, I wanted to let my hair down. I wanted to spend more time with him to get to know him better.

"Know any good clubs?" I asked out of the blue.

Giovanni's head whipped over to me, probably not expecting me to say anything other than home.