Chapter 9: Giovanni

Sofia

"I still can't believe it. Girl, they didn't tell me how much they paid for it, but I'm positive it's over 1 million" I rambled into the phone still looking at the photos of the penthouse mum and dad bought for me.

"Sofia, don't be stupid. This is central London, it's probably worth over £10 million. So, when are we having a party? When are the male strippers coming over?".

Trust Lizzie to already be talking about men. 

"There won't be any crazy parties there. I want to be a respectful neighbour to the people on the floors below. Besides, I don't even want to think about men. I'm thinking a girl's night in with some junk food and and self care and love".

I could hear Lizzie grumble and groan on the other end of the phone mumbling about me being no fun.

"Anyway, I need to go" I changed the conversation abruptly.

I couldn't help but bite my lip in excitement at the possibilities of what was to come tonight.

"Bitch, what you hiding from me?" she snickered at the end of the phone. Nothing could get pass Lizzie. It was as if she had a sixth sense.

"Well, I kinda have a date tonight".

Putting the phone on loud speaker, I walked away and started rummaging through the wardrobe still undecided of what to wear.

"Oh hell no, it better not be with Elias" she growled out voicing her disgust for him.

"Absolutely not, it's actually with the guy from the club. You know, the mystery one".

I had expected her to get excited or be happy for me, but her end of the line stayed silent.

"You still there?" I asked nervously, but heard a small yes once I had spoken.

"Babe, I'm not sure about this" she muttered into the phone. She too sounded worried, just like Elias. And that made me angry.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Lizzie was always so supportive when it came to me and men. She had been with me through my heartbreak and wanted nothing more than for me to find love. So I didn't understand her reaction.

"There was just something off about him. He gives me strange vibes. Don't get me wrong, I want you to move on, but I think you should take it slow. You didn't see him. He was viscous and cruel. I, I think you should be careful".

As much as I knew she was only looking out for me, it reminded of everyone around me treating me like glass. 

"I hear you, but I know what I'm doing. I'll be alright. Anyway, I have to go, but you up for coming round with me to my new place tomorrow?".

Lizzie sighed heavily and agreed to coming round before saying goodbye and ending the call.

Putting my phone back on charge, I went back to my wardrobe to face the challenge of what I was going to wear, but a knock on the door captured my attention.

"Come in".

As I looked to the door wondering who it was, I was relieved to see it was mum walking in with a smile on her face.

"Hey mum" I smiled back at her before turning back to my wardrobe.

"Hey honey, so a date hmmm?" she teased as she stood next to me also looking through the wardrobe.

"Yeah, kind of. It's just dinner" I looked back at her only to see her eyes gleam at me.

"Well, spill the beans. What's he like? What will you be doing?".