Chapter 37: Don't let go

Amelia

"Incoming enemies" a man whispered through his earpiece causing me to look back at everyone in position.

We knew it would only be a matter of time before they attempted an attack on the youngest members of the family.

Whilst Sofia was out hunting for Giovanni, I stayed behind sworn to protect any sickos from my younger siblings.

But upon Sofia's orders, blood wasn't going to be shed in our home. 

So we had been given state of the art tranquilliser guns by James Richardson. They knocked anyone out the second the needle penetrated the skin.

Getting into position in the dark house, I held my gun tightly and looked at the opposite side of the dark foyer where Sofia's men hid in the shadows waiting for the fools to take the bait.

As the small group of men slowly entered through the unlocked front doors, they quickly aimed their weapons in all directions in case of a surprise attack.

Idiots.

"No people in sight" one of them whispered before slowly stepping forward.

Suddenly the eerie silence of the dark home disappeared and instead the last thing I wanted to hear echoed through the house. 

Normally I'd laugh at it, but right now he was supposed to be in the safe room.

"I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other, oh hello there".

My body froze at the sight of Finn who was holding a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a glass of chocolate milk in the other.

He stood smiling sleepily at the armed men who were staring down at the little child wrapped up in a fluffy dressing gown and teddy bear slippers.

"Hi little one, you need to come with us. We're here to rescue you" one of the men crouched down in front of Finn.

"From my home? Think you got the wrong house. Bye" he waved before turning towards the stairs.

All the men looked at me anticipating my next move, but I was too frightened by my sweet little brother who was oblivious to the danger around him.

Holding my gun tightly, I watched as the man lunged forwards and firmly grabbed Finn's shoulder causing him to drop his chocolate milk on the floor.

Finn looked down at his favourite drink spilled all over the marble floor with such sadness and heartbreak.

God, he's about to lose it.

"Sorry about that little man, but Sofia sent us here to get you out as there's some bad men coming to hurt you" the man tried to reassure Finn, but he was still looking at his spilt chocolate milk with pure anger on his face.

"The only bad man here is you, you spilt my drink" he growled out and before he ran, he smacked the man repeatedly in the face with his bouquet of flowers.

"I don't have time for this shit. I'll take him, go find the little girl" he ordered to the men as he snatched Finn's flowers from out of his hand.

Finn's eyes widened as men started rushing towards the stairway in hopes of getting Nora.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" he screamed before latching onto one of the men's legs and bit down on his thigh.

The man cursed and screamed as Finn threw his fist up straight into the man's crotch.

Finn's infamous move.

Feeling a burning rage within me, I stepped out from the darkness of the shadows and stared at the man who seemed to be in charge.