Chapter 27: Lost in the dark

Sofia

Slightly graphic content ahead

Sobbing uncontrollably, I cuddled my legs up to my chest and shivered as the cold air seeped in from under the door.

Giovanni said he'd come back in a couple of hours, but I was sure it had been longer than a day.

A day without food, a day without water and a day of not going to the toilet. The pain was excruciating holding my needs back, but I couldn't stand the idea and humiliation. Especially when that was Giovanni's intention.

Crying into my arms, I shut my eyes as the woman moaned time and time again as they finally finished.

The man who was babysitting me had now left me alone. But there were still cameras in the room making sure I didn't destroy the TV. I had watched my ex boyfriend have sex with the woman on repeat. 

I was completely broken.

Giovanni knew exactly how to break me. 

Of course, the man beat me every time I had looked away, but at least I could now shut my eyes.

Lying in a pool of blood that came from my split cheek, lip and neck, I looked over at the sick on the floor and threw up all over again.

Suddenly the door opened to reveal some unnatural light, but I paid no attention to the person walking in.

I was too numb. Too tired and too broken to even look.

"Oh honey, you look rough" Giovanni laughed.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes hoping he'd find some compassion in his cold heart.

To my surprise, Giovanni pulled out a water bottle from a plastic bag and held it up as he switched off the TV.

Shakily reaching my hand over to him, I held my hand out expectantly hoping to regain some strength, but Giovanni smirked and lifted the bottle to his own lips.

"Did you think this was for you? Aw, bless your precious heart" he laughed as he placed the bottle down beside him.

Falling to the floor again, I turned away from him hoping for God to take me to be with my family, but I was in the presence of the devil and not able to escape his hold on me.

"With all the sick on the floor, I am wondering if I got your pregnant. That was my intention fucking you raw. I could see the worry on your face afterwards, but I carried on hoping to impregnate you. Even though I have everything of your family's, having you bear my child would tie us together so that there would be no way I'd lose any businesses".

Giovanni laughed like a maniac as he stared at my slightly exposed stomach.

I felt disgusted listening to him talk. Getting someone pregnant and using that child as a weapon to control. There were vile people in the world, but this guy won the title. I just prayed that I wasn't carrying a baby. 

"Y-you're a sick motherfucker" I spat at him, some saliva landing on his shoe, but I was past caring.

Giovanni crouched down and grabbed a lock of my hair before smirking at me.

"I am surprised at your strength darling. Forcing you to watch the man you love fuck the woman he loves. A day without food or water, but I want to have a little chat about your past that you seem to be clueless about and then we will get on with the finale of the show".

I didn't know what he could be on about, but if it was more torture showing me my parent's bodies then so be it.

"Why can't you remember your childhood sweetheart?" he asked as if I knew the answers.