Chapter 8: Start afresh

Sofia

Looking down at my phone for the 5th time in the last 10 minutes, I groaned as Elias' name flashed on my screen. But like every time, I declined his call and ignored his messages.

"What part of moving on do you not get, idiot" I growled out as I finally relented and blocked his number.

I still couldn't get the image of him yelling at me as I stood beside Gio. It was something that frightened me. Something I had never seen before. It wasn't jealousy nor was he being possessive. It was as if he feared for my life.

But perhaps seeing me with another man, especially the one that beat him to a pulp made him angry.

Anyway, Elias was now belonged to someone else. And good luck to her.

But why did the thought still hurt me.

"Ugh, boys suck" I groaned as I rested my head into my pillow, but my head instantly shot up as I heard a little gasp from behind my door and little footsteps running away.

Shit.

Jumping off my bed, I ran to my door and pulled it open only to see Nora calling after a clearly offended Finn.

"Oh no".

Nora turned to look back at me with a shy smile.

"Finn?" I asked whilst looking between Nora and now the empty hallway.

She gave me a sad smile and nodded.

"He came to give you this, but now he's probably crying to mummy. He'll get over it".

A slight twinge coursed through my heart as she placed a card and flower in my hand.

"I'll come and find him. But why were you two hiding behind my door?" I questioned as I held the card and flower against my chest.

"Oh, I was just going to ask why you're leaving us? I heard you and daddy talking. You're moving far away?". Her eyes welled up with unshed tears at the thought. Nora, even though incredibly bright for her age, was insanely protective of our family. Even though she was still young, she misunderstood it.

Getting down on my knees, I took her hand in mine and brought it to my lips.

"Sweetheart, I am not leaving you or anyone else. It's just that when you get to my age, you become an adult. You become independent. You will always be my family, but it's time for me to move away and one day have a family of my own. I can't stay here forever, as much as I want to, I need to have my own life. But in my new house, I'll have room for all of you to come and stay whenever you'd like. So yes I am moving out, but never leaving you".

Nora stroked a loose strand of hair from out of my eyes and smiled at me.

She was literally a mini mum. She had her eyes, her hair and even her facial bone structure. It was scary, but she also inherited her personality. Fiercely protective over all of us, especially Finn. I remembered the time Finn was being teased by some boys at school. She single-handedly kicked their assess and told them to never bother him again. Safe to say, they stayed clear of Finn.

"You promise?" she giggled through sniffles and tears.

"From the bottom of my heart" I laughed back as she rubbed away her tears.

"What about Eli? Is he going with you as well?".

And like usual, it always comes back to Elias. Everything came back to him.

Like all of my family, Nora absolutely loved him. And he adored her. Whenever he came to spend time with me, he'd not only bring flowers for me, but for the women in the family. Of course, Finn loved him. They shared a love for flowers and taught him how to treat girls the right way. Ironic.