Earthquake!

I was dressed and ready for the day I was wearing this:

I was watching Manny as he put spoon after spoon, of sugar into his espresso

I was watching Manny as he put spoon after spoon, of sugar into his espresso. Jay was also watching. We were all sat in silence until Jay spoke, "It might be easier for you to just pour the espresso right in the sugar" he joked. I laughed a little at his remark. Manny faked laugh and then pulled a serious face, "every morning". It was true Jay made some joke like that every morning but they were always funny.

"Jay what are you wearing? You to Julie? You can't go to church like that" Gloria asks us. Oh yeah I forgot we have church. How fun. It's not that I didn't like church, it was just boring.

"Well, that settles it then. I'm going golfing" Jay protested. "I'll go get changed" I say jumping of my stool. "Your going to miss church again"? Gloria asked Jay. "Last Sunday you said 'you had to go to the office' The week before you had breakfast with a friend" Gloria complained to her husband. She was right, he kept canceling on church. "And before that you thought you had a cold that turned out not to be a cold" Manny added.

"Because I babied it" Jay added. "You don't have to convince us, You have to convince him" Gloria said pointing to the ceiling. "Who? God" Jay asked. Gloria nodded.

"Me and God are good" Jay defended himself. "How would you know"? Gloria asked. "Look, you feel God in church, which is great. I feel God in nature, amongst his works" Jay stated like he was some sort of presenter. "Are you going to go to church next week"? Gloria asked totally missing Jay's point. "We'll see" Jay added, trying to please his wife.

"I know what 'we'll see' means. If your done with church then, just say it" Gloria added, she didn't seem to pleased. "I'm done with church" Jay replies almost instantly. "Don't say that"! Gloria yelled.

"Look I'm not going to church anymore, It's not the end of the world, let's not make a big deal out of . . ." Jay says trying to ease the tension. Then all of a sudden the house begins to rumble, shake. All I hear is Manny scream "EARTHQUAKE"! I hear muffled voices downstairs. I was upstairs. Did they forget about me. I do what Phil told me to do if this happens and I am trapped upstairs. Hide under a table or desk. So I went into my room and hid under my desk. I even began to cry, I hate serious situations like this.

The shaking stops, I hear voices downstairs, "Julie"? It was Jay. "Julie, where are you"? Manny yells.

"It's safe now"! Gloria shouts, I crawl out from under my desk. "Jay? Gloria? Manny"? I yell looking around. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. It was Manny. "Thank god your okay" Manny says hugging me. I go back downstairs. "I found her"! Manny yelled. Jay and Gloria run back and Gloria hugs me and kisses me on the head staining my head from her lipstick.