Bringing Up Baby!

"Good Morning"! Jay yelled as he walked into the kitchen. "There's the birthday boy"! I smiled. "Sixty- five candles on one cake. This is a big day for you. . " Manny began, "And for the astronauts who can see it from space" I joked. 

Jay let out a chuckle at my joke, "Happy birthday to you" Gloria smiled as she pulled Jay in for a hug. "Thank you. And it just so everyone knows, I want a quiet day. . .no surprises" Jay yelled walking to the other end of the kitchen. "No surprises" Me and Gloria repeated. I sighed looking at Gloria. Last night I found out some real big news...Gloria is pregnant! So, Jay only one surprise for you today, sorry. 

"I don't blame you, Jay" Manny shrugged, "You've had enough excitement in one lifetime" I laughed, "The dawn of flight, printed books, agriculture" Manny rambled, "Alright what's with all the jokes"? Jay asked, "It's insult comedy. I've been watching old Dean Martin roasts online. Like this guy knows from the internet, the other morning I saw him looking for the crank on the front of his car" Manny teased.

"Okay, you're done" Jay sighed, "I make fun and we laugh, but in all seriousness, if you see a light today, don't walk towards it" Manny joked, me and Gloria couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry I was asleep when you got home. Cam and Mitch must be disappointed. They were really geared up to get that kid" Jay frowned. 

"But there's a silver lining" Gloria smiled, "You might be right, babies are a lot of work" Jay huffed, the doorbell rang, "That's not what she meant" I mumbled. "Ah, you know, and these two aren't getting any younger. The last thing they need to do is to start over" Jay announced, "Would that be so bad"? Gloria asked. Jay opened the door and Phil, Shorty and another one of his friends. 

"Hey, Jay" Phil waved, "Hey" The other two waved, "What are you doing"? Jay questioned. "What the heck is that"? Phil pointed to something on the stairs, "What"?! Jay yelled turning around. "Get him"! Phil yelled putting a gray bag over Jay's head, "What the hell is going on?! What are you doing"?! Jay muffled yells called. 

"Making your birthday dreams come true"! Phil yelled tying Jay's arms with zip ties. "It's you're special day buddy, should we put him in the trunk"? Shorty asked, "Why would we put him in the trunk"? Phil asked, "You said there were no bad ideas" Shorty frowned, "Get this stupid thing off me"! Jay yelled. 

"I thought you said the hood would calm him down"?! Phil yelled, "It works with my falcon" The other friend stated, I just stopped dead in my tracks as me and Gloria watched the whole thing happen, "Don't worry ladies. We'll have him back in time for dinner" Shorty smiled, "Which for him is at four in the afternoon" Manny chuckled, "'Cause he's old! I love it"! Phil laughed. 

---

Me and Gloria were sat in the kitchen making sandwiches, "Mom, I have a really big decision to make about poetry camp this summer" Manny announced, "Is it about the walking sticks again" I frowned, "Pack them all decide when you're there" Gloria suggested. "I can either focus on sonnets or free verse. I've always fancied myself a sonneteer. But I'm thinking the free verse girls will br freer with everything...if you catch my meaning" Manny smirked, "Gross" I gagged. 

"Hmm, I'm sorry Manny...I'm sure you'll make the right decision" Gloria frowned, "Are you okay? You seem distracted" Manny asked, I looked at Gloria as I shuffled in my seat uncomfortably, Gloria looked at me and looked at Manny, "Manny sit down, I have to tell you something" Gloria ordered, "What"? Manny questioned, "I am pregnant" Gloria smiled. "You're what"? Manny gasped, "I am going to have a baby" Gloria squealed pointing to her tummy, "Wow" Manny frowned.