Quinceañera!

Tomorrow was the day, I had been waiting for this day since I was a baby, since I learnt how to breathe! My Quinceanera! I have never been so excited, I get to see my Papi, I get to eat loads of cake and food, I get to wear my big fancy dress, I get to see Luke and Manny and my friends dance and fall over. I was sat at the table, painting my nails as Haley put my tiara on my head.

"Do you like it"? She asked as she put my hair on my shoulders, "I-I love it" I smiled as I looked in the mirror, "Haley, the tiara is a backward symbol of how women are only valued for their beauty, and now that Julie's wearing one, oh who am I kidding, I don't care, it looks amazing" Alex laughed, "I look awesome and it's super sparkly" I giggled. "I'm so glad you like it" Ms. Ramirez squealed, yep, the whole of Gloria's Colombia family is here too. "Ah, I hope my Papi likes it" I smiled as I looked in the mirror.

"I'm so glad because tomorrow you're only job is to be happy"! Gloria laughed, "Now, can I go try on my dress"? I asked after my nails had dried, "Again"? Alex asked, "Yes, because I want to feel like a princess" I laughed, "Go...go" Ms. Ramirez chuckled pushing me up the stairs. I went into my room and slid into the dress, it was almost to heavy but I laced it up at the back, "I'm done, is everyone clear of the stairs"? I yelled down the stairs, "All clear"! Alex yelled.

"Hermoso, cariño"! Ms. Ramirez shrieked, "You look stunning"! Gloria smiled turning me around, "Thank you, I love it" I smiled looking at myself in the mirror, this weekend I was probably gonna come of as very vain. "What's wrong with it"? Ms. Ramirez asked her face dropping, "Nothing, I love it, I'm happy, I'm smiling" I smiled worriedly, "Exactly, you are not sobbing with joy, I have failed you" Ms. Ramirez frowned, "I have failed my family, I have failed Colombia" She frowned as she looked into the video camera Luke was recording on.

We walked into the hall for the last try out, "Everything is all set for tomorrow, and I just want to say, you have chosen the perfect ballroom" The woman stated, "Gloria, this place is a acoustical nightmare"! Phil sighed, "Phil? What are you doing here"? Gloria asked, "Practicing my toast, duh" Phil laughed, "Oh, the toast is kind of my thing, so maybe you don't speak" Ms. Ramirez sighed. "Excuse me? where is the dance floor"? Ms. Ramirez asked, "You're standing on it" The woman nodded, "I have family members in Colombia who have escaped on bigger rafts than this..." Ms. Ramirez scowled as she began to argue in Spanish, "Let me translate that for you she want's a bigger floor" I smiled, "Give the woman a bigger floor" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Papi"! I shrieked running up to him and hugging him, "You came" I laughed, "I couldn't miss it for the world" Papi smiled. "Hey" Papi waved at Jay, "Hi, you're here" Jay sighed, "Yeah, I asked if he could come early so we could practice the father daughter dance, if you don't mind, sorry for not asking" I frowned. "No, the more the merrier" Jay huffed, I could tell something was wrong.

"Anyway, we have to think of something good to distract the audience, because the songs super cheesy" I laughed as Ms. Ramirez pressed play on her phone, "Ay, Julio" Ms. Ramirez gasped at the phone, "Let them do that, you help me sneak in the booze we bought earlier" Jay whispered to Gloria. Me and Papi began to dance on the dance floor, "Don't worry I found a more modern version of us to dance to" I smiled, "Well, I kind of like this one" Papi laughed, "Me too" I nodded, "It's about, uh, how you look away for a second and you turn back and...you're little girls all grown up" Papi sighed spinning me around.

"I want you to move back in with me" Papi blurted out, "Papi..." I frowned, "Listen, Julianna, you can come back to the village see all you're old friends, your family, Andras" Papi began, I frowned, "I miss you, mi amor" Papi sighed, "Papi, I want to tell you something" I frowned, "That I'm the greatest dancer ever" Papi smirked, "No, I miss you and Andras a lot, like a lot a lot, but I'm a Pritchett now, I have my life here" I smiled tears slowly forming in my eyes as I saw Papi's disappointed look, he let out a chuckle, "Papi, no...I'm serious" I sighed letting go of him.