Leap Day!

"Come on boys! It's leap day! Not sleep day"! I hear Phil yell as he ran into Luke's room. Leap day is a day where we do no school, no sleeping, sports and fun. Claire decided she wanted to trapeze lessons this year. Gloria and Jay were going to watch the match and it was Uncle Cam's birthday, me and Manny had slept over at the Dunphy house.

"So is this safe"? Manny asked looking at the trapeze pamphlet, "It's a trapeze" I shrugged. "Relax. More people are killed by knife-wielding strangers than from a trapezing" Phil chuckled as he walked to the table. "I'm thinking about going home now" Manny frowned. We heard the song, 'In the arms of the angel, fly away...' come from the television. I heard Claire let out a loud sob, 'These animals need you help' a woman spoke on the television. "Honey, are you okay"? Phil asked, "I'm fine...I'm fine...it's just-so sad" Claire cried. "Oh, no. Not today" Phil mumbled as he ran over to the calendar. "What's wrong"? Luke asked, "Nothing" Phil shushed. "Your mom's just, uh, feeling emotional" Phil stammered. 

"She was like this last month, and the month before, and the month before-" Luke began before Hayley cut him off, "I could kill someone! No, I can't hear you! This stupid phone gets no reception in this stupid house"! She yelled into her phone. "Dear God, no" Phil frowned, Haley sat on the couch joining her mother, she began to watch the sad videos. I knew what was happening, Luke didn't. 

Alex made herself a bowl of cereal but poured orange juice in instead of milk, "This isn't milk! What is wrong with me today? My brain's not working right" Alex huffed, "No" Phil murmured, "I can't focus-" Alex began as she saw the sad animal video, "Three legs"? Alex whimpered, joining her mom and sister on the couch. "It's not fair" Haley cried, "I know, it's so sad" Claire sniffled. "Oh, my God! They're gonna ruin everything"! Luke whisper yelled, "No, no, no. We-We just need to be extra sensitive" Phil whispered. "Phil, honey, when do we need to leave"? Claire asked with her groggy throat. "Wherever's good for you, sweetie. Maybe twenty minutes"? Phil suggested, "Well, which one is it, Phil"? Claire yelled, the girls began to scream, "Whenever your ready" Phil shrugged. 

"There going to ruin trapezing! I bet they won't even catch me" Luke frowned as we waited for them, "Why are you so afraid of them? They're reasonable. Why don't we suggest they stay home, considering they're all on their per-" Manny began, "Shh! The first rule with dealing with the cycle: you never mention the cycle! You tip toe around it" I shushed him. 

"The woman's taking great pains to hide the monster she's become. But if you acknowledge it, that brings the monster forth" Phil whispered, "My God. And there's three of them" Luke gasped, "It's okay, I have a plan, it's kind of traditional for people to lean in when somebody says, 'I have a plan'" Phil sighed, we all leaned in, Phil told us 'the plan', it wasn't cool, but I was bored, so I took part. 

"There they are"! Manny squealed, "Stop rushing us"! Haley huffed, Luke let out a sigh, "Buddy, what's wrong"? Phil asked, "Yes, you've been a little off all morning" I frowned holding Luke's shoulder. "I've been feeling a lot of stress lately. My heads all foggy and I'm kind of emotional" Luke shrugged, it totally sounded forced, he sounded like he had a script and forgot most of his words.

"Oh, well. I sure hope you're better soon, because you really needs your wits about you when you're trapezing" Phil frowned, "This is weird..." I began, "The three of us haven't exactly been feeling our best today either" Claire stated walking towards us, "Really"? Phil sighed, acting shocked. "I can't find my other sock"! Alex yelled, "Try looking under the one you have on" Haley whispered, "I am not you" Alex sassed. "I don't do that...see"? Alex hissed as she lifted her foot up a sock fell, "God, I am you" She cried.