Dance Dance Revelation!

*BEEP*

*BEEP* 

*BEEP*

My alarm clock rang. I turn over and paw at it hopefully to turn it off. When it stops it's peaceful for about 0.2 seconds until I hear a gentle knock on my door. Before I could even say 'come in' Gloria let herself in. "Dance Day"! She squealed. Dances. Fun. I loved dances, usually. I had no one to go with this one. I had to go with Manny and Luke. I have no dress still and nothing is planned. Nothing is in my control!

---

I'm sat on the edge of Jay's and Gloria's bed watching Manny pick through colors for tie and pocket thingy's. Pocket squares that's it. Jay began to dial the familiar number. The Dunphy's.

"Hey, Manny is getting his outfit together for the dance tonight..." Jay began as I'm guessing Claire had cut him off about talk. "Greatest day of my life... Does Phil have a green pocket square for him"? Jay asked into the phone. 

"Teal"! Manny demanded. "Teal" Jay sighed. There was little bit of silence until Jay ended the call.  "Ai! This might work"! Gloria suggested showing us a small piece of green-blue fabric. "Well except that it's turquoise" Manny sighed. "Oh and a bra"! Manny huffed unraveling the 'small piece of fabric' it was a bra. But creds for Gloria on creativity. "Do you think the kid's in my village have pocket squares" Gloria began to ramble. 

"Here we go with the village" Manny sighed handing me the bra and then I passed it to Gloria. Jay placed the phone back to his ear and sighed "Unfortunately yes". "Please ask Claire what time do I need to be at the school to help set up" Gloria begged, "Gloria want's to know. . . ." Jay began before probably being cut off by Claire. "Claire said. . ." Jay said removing the phone from his ear. "I heard her" Gloria snaps sassily. 

Jay then places the phone back on his ear whilst placing his other hand on his hip. "Do you have a teal pocket square for Manny"? Jay questioned once again. A moment of silence. Manny put his hands together as if he was saying some sort of prayer for a teal pocket square to appear. "Cam's got one" Jay sighed in relief. "Yes"! Manny cheered. "Flag on the play" Jay stopped Manny's celebrating. "What's that mean"? Manny questioned looking at me. I just showed him a puzzled look. "WHAT'S IT MEAN"! Manny asked worried for his pocket square. Jay just puts his thumb down. Manny sighs and I just facepalm myself knowing I will never hear the end of this. "Now I've got to go to the mall" Jay sighs frustrated into the phone. 

---

Me, Manny and Luke were all sat in the back of the car with Phil driving to find us a parking spot. And Jay navigating like he usual does. "Ah! Finally. There's a spot" Jay gasped pointing to the empty spot. "Oh" Phil sighed. 

"Guys, I am just bursting with pride right now. Your first dance! Soon you're gonna be men. I want you to know there's more to being a man than just shopping for fancy outfits" Phil announced. I cleared my throat loud and clear, I was not going to be a man. I was going to be a lady. "And woman" Phil added. "Pretty soon you'll get some hair on your chest. You start answering the phone people don't think your ladies" Jay smiled. 

"Hello! Am I INVISIBLE to you"!? I yelled rolling my eyes. I was already uncomfortable I was stuck between Luke and Manny, squished in the middle. "Come on. Today. Miss Daisy" Jay scoffed at the car reversing from the car spot. "Actually, Miss Daisy was the one being driven, not the one driving" Manny chirped up. "Never saw it" Jay muttered. "It's called Driving with Miss Daisy" I sassily chirped in.