Fulgencio!

I woke up to the sounds of not the birds chirping the complete opposite, cackles of the Colombian family. It was only three days after bringing Joe home from the hospital, the one sound we all knew what was coming, relatives. I pulled myself up out of bed and slowly stumbled into the kitchen, "Ay! Julianna"! Gloria's mom squealed, she always called me by my first name, she said it will keep me in touch with my routes. 

"I heard, our baby girl wants a Quinceanera! It must be done! The Gown! You can get your Damas and your Chambelanes, ooh and your escort has to be the finest boy in town"! Gloria's mom squealed as she squeezed my cheek bones. "Thank you, Abulita" I laughed, "I am helping Julie plan her Quince" Gloria smiled patting me on the head.

"I really never saw these wedding pictures, and how handsome Mr. Ramirez looks" I smiled as Gloria's mom was showing me old wedding pictures, "Ay, it makes me sad" Gloria's mom frowned, "I know you miss him" Gloria frowned, "No...look at my ass, there are two things in that picture I don't have anymore" Gloria's mom sighed. 

"Ay, Mama, Que Loca"! Gloria chuckled, "Sonia can I help you"? I asked looking at Gloria's sister, "No, no, she's fine, it keeps her busy" Ms. Ramirez laughed, "We need more corn, Gloria, where is your garden, I will harvest some"? Sonia suggested, "They don't live that way honey, Gloria, give me the keys, we'll go to the market" Ms. Ramirez smiled reaching her hand out. "Hey, you're all awake, I didn't hear you" Jay lied as he walked in carrying Joe. 

"Oh, look at my two handsome men! Mi Niño my little Fulgencio Umberto" Ms. Ramirez squealed jogging over to them both, "You know about the name, we're not entirely sure-" Jay began, "Sonia, vamonos, goodbye Fulgencio" Ms. Ramirez squeaked as she kissed me on the forehead her red lip stick staining my face, "Say goodbye to Fulgencio"! Ms. Ramirez ordered Sonia, "Goodbye Fulgencio" Sonia waved, "His name is Joe" Jay muttered under his breath. 

"You tell her we're not naming him after her dead husband or his father before him, his name was-" Gloria began, "Please don't say it again"? Jay asked, "Jay, I cannot go against my mothers will, but she likes you, maybe if you convince her..." Gloria suggested, "Fulgencio Umberto-The initials are F.U. Pritchett, which is exactly the way it feels right now"! Jay huffed walking out the room.  

"Pilar, we brought you some coffee" Jay sighed as I carried in her a warm coffee, "Oh" She smiled, "I put a little something extra in it" Jay smirked, Ms. Ramirez smelt the cup, "Jay, you devil" She chuckled, "Hey, by the way, look...it's beautiful, no"? Ms. Ramirez smiled as she lifted up a baby's christening gown. I looked at Jay and I tried to hold in my laughter, "It's the dressing gown for Fulgencio's christening, all the men in our family wear this" Ms. Ramirez stated, "What's one more son in a dress"? Jay joked. 

"Oh, tradition...oh, it's so important" Ms. Ramirez reminded us both, "What's that"? I asked pointing out to a box, "Oh, I have a gift in here for little Fulgencio that has been in my family for three generations" Ms. Ramirez stated, "You know about this naming thing, in America, it's not real common to hear the name Fulgencio" Jay sighed, "It's Ful-Hen-Cio" Ms. Ramirez reminded, "Hen"? Me and Jay repeated, "Hen" Ms. Ramirez copied. 

"I don't need to practice it 'cause I can't name my son that, I'm just being honest with you" Jay frowned, "No, no, no, no, no, that's good, that's good, I should be more honest with you sometimes" Ms. Ramirez chuckled, "Well, we've known each other for a few years-" Jay began, "I don't like you, Jay" Ms. Ramirez smirked, "Huh"? Me and Jay gasped. "Nah, we can act like everything is fine for the family, but you know, I've never liked you, the way you take whatever looks good to you, you know, like my daughter, or the last piece of meat" Ms. Ramirez shrugged unwrapping a gun out of the plastic bubble wrap.