Chapter Seventeen(Save Me)

Stiles POV-

Walking away from Deaton's clinic was harder than I expected and seeing Derek so afraid...of me...was even worse. I never expected to be welcomed with open arms if someone did manage to figure out it was me but that didn't mean it hurt less, in fact, I never expected to be welcomed at all. Nobody wants me here, that's pretty clear.

My whole body ached and I just wanted to sleep, my feet throbbed as I walked back to the motel every step seeming like it could be my last. The pain takes over a portion of my brain as if dealing with it is energy enough without the effort of new thoughts.

It is the sort of emotional pain that burns as if some invisible flame were held against my soul. The emotions of loss are that way, right? Death, abandonment, or betrayal, they all lead here.

I just wanted to escape - I have for so long, I'm so sick of hiding and obeying orders that benefit others.

What about me? Thinking back to a time when I actually cared about myself seems impossible. The fact now is that I don't care, yet the thought of leaving and never seeing my friends again hurts. Which is silly because I've done it before only this time it'd be real.

What I need will never come and no matter how much I seek I won't find it. I wasn't born for great things, nor to find my place in the sun. I could fight every day, fight for what I want and need, but there are no paths to success, not from here. I'm too tired to try, it simply doesn't matter anymore.

Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot-

I nearly trip on the concrete but push myself forward, stumbling mindlessly along the sidewalk. It's dark out with a few street lights to guide my path, it's eerily quiet with the few sounds of birds and wind rustling the trees.

I'm doing this for them - don't give up - they need you still-

I trip a second time but I'm too slow to catch myself and I hit the ground with a shallow grunt, my bruised body feels heavier when I try to stand but I can't - not yet so I lay on my side staring straight across the street.

It's cold but that barely registers as a car drives by but they don't stop and I want to laugh hysterically because I feel so pathetic and tired.

Get up - get up Stiles! - He's going to find you-

When I blink my eyes open again having drifted off at some point I see a dark figure across the street, just standing there looking at me. It's creepy but I can't help but stare back.

Are you alone too? Have you come to take me away?

My eyesight blurred, but not because tears were welling up I just felt tired. Everything became fuzzy then I saw nothing at all. My consciousness was floating through an empty space filled with a thick static, throughout the inky space my heartbeat pounded loudly, echoing in my ears alongside fading pleas for help.

Hands gripped my shoulders causing me to let out a long groan from the pain but they didn't let go and the grip got tighter.

"-Don't you dare fall asleep, fox. He's waiting for you."

I know that voice, it's rough and stern and I blink my eyes open and I regret it immediately as Ennis's evil smirk clouds my vision and I'm being hoisted up off the ground slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

I let out a cry in pain but he doesn't care and crosses the street, jolting my body with every movement but I don't try to move more since that would just make it worse.

My eyes open once more when he stops and I don't know how much time passed granted I wasn't even half-conscious for most of it. He grips the back of my thighs and drags me off his shoulder throwing me onto the forest floor where sticks and pine needles dig into my skin.