Chapter Twenty Three (You Left Me to Drown)

I was in the middle of kissing the air out of Derek's lungs when there was a knock on the door of my bedroom and I pulled away from Derek to yell at the person on the other side when a voice interrupted me, a voice I should have known would be the only one knocking because werewolves apparently don't knock. Ever.

"Stiles? Derek? Are you there?" My dad said and pounded the wooden door once more. "I brought dinner."

My eyes widened and I pushed Derek's very very toned body off me with ease and searched around the room in a dazed panic for my shirt and pants, my mind was still a little fuzzy, apparently, Derek's was too because once he jumped off my bed he tripped on something on the floor and almost crashed into the wall.

Derek definitely should be more worried here because it's his life on the line and I should totally be helping, but I couldn't stop staring at his beautiful chest (yes I called his chest beautiful) and from here made it even more unreal.

Focus. Right. I located a shirt at the foot of my bed and my pants were by my dresser, however, Derek was still frantically pulling his clothes on so I sprinted over to the door and yanked it open halfway praying I looked somewhat decent and not like I just had the most amazing make-out session.

I smiled when my father jerked back in shock and I tried to catch my breath simultaneously.

"Hey Dad, how are you?"

He raised his eyebrows in disbelief. "Good son...you?"

I ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my eyes trying to do something with my hands. "Oh um, I'm good...Yep...Really good," my voice trembled and I was seconds away from laughing my ass off because somehow this was my life now.

"Yeah..." He shook his head and started heading towards the stairs. "Stiles, if you want to actually try to be subtle at least put the right damn shirt on."

Crap. I cursed when I looked down and noticed that I was, in fact, wearing Derek's oversized V-neck that definitely didn't fit my string bean of a body.

I slammed the door shut hoping it would block out the sound of my dad's antagonizing laughter as he walked away and I turned to see Derek blushing heavily in the middle of my room. He was wearing my red T-shirt that hugged his body in all the right places and made his muscles bulge nicely. Damn. I just couldn't help myself. I started laughing as well and walked over to Derek who stood there looking extremely confused and I hugged him around his waist, laughing into his chest.

I felt him huff which was as close to a laugh as I was going to get and I smiled brightly up at him and pinched his stubbled cheek.

"Well that was close," I stated as a matter of fact and he growled at me playfully.

"No Stiles, that was too close because I was seconds away from getting shot in the head with wolfsbane by your father."

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculous fear. "Oh come on, he didn't even have his gun on him, and plus I would never let him shoot you, sourwolf."

I kissed him on the lips and Derek just sighed but bent down and nipped at my neck once more and rubbed his nose along my jaw. Before it could get any farther than that, I pulled away ignoring Derek's adorable pout, and grabbed his hand yanking him towards the door with me.

He gripped my hand but didn't move from his spot. "Stiles...Don't you think we should trade shirts?"

I grinned evilly at him from over my shoulder and shrugged, "No, I think we're fine. You look great in red by the way."

I continued walking and laughed harder when I heard his low growl of approval. Oh yeah, we were definitely going to explore how great Derek looked in red...later.