Chapter Four (Beacon Hell Hills)

Stiles POV-

I'm running through the forest. Running away. The trees are a blur. My world gliding past me. I don't dare look back in case they catch up. The only problem is I don't know where they went. I hear an almost ghostly string of voices echoes from around me. I'm falling. Everything is dark.

'You're a monster, Stiles.'

My eyes open once more as I panted harshly, I never stopped running through the dark, gloomy forest. My small red-ish body easily dodging past the trees and logs.

Everything seemed to have a sickly shadow over it now, the whole land plagued with darkness.

'Run little fox. Run from all the shame and the guilt.'

My small paws pounded against the forest floor, I just wanted to get away from all the torment, but I wasn't fast enough. I stopped as I saw my entire pack suddenly standing in front of me. They all seemed angry, their gazes full of fury as they looked down at my frail body in disgust.

'You're weak, Stiles. You're a killer.'

I whimpered and tried to run, but a dark figure behind me grabbed my neck and flung me into the nearest tree.

The pain never came.

'We don't want you here anymore Stiles,' fear ripped through me when they all spoke in unison again. Their harsh looks never leaving my face. It almost hurt to look them in the eyes, I couldn't do this.

'My son did die that day...He would never have been that weak,' my dad's voice echoed in my ears. 'And you're not my son anymore you are just a pathetic excuse for one!' He screamed in my face but I had nowhere to run.

I was trapped.

My father walked closer to me, his features glazed with anger and hate as he pulled out his gun.

Please.

Please don't!

He couldn't hear me-nobody heard me.

My body refused to move, it was like being frozen in time, with nothing to do but watch.

The safety clicked off as he brought it closer to my small head and pulled the trigger-

^

I let out a silent scream as I quickly sat up in bed. The blankets managed to have fallen on the floor and my body was covered in a cold sweat, hair plastered to my forehead.

God not again, I groaned.

I've been having the same nightmare for the past week now and it was every single night. With me running through a forest, getting called a killer, being shot. Yeah, it's nothing new.

I looked over to the small alarm clock on my nightstand, it read 2:47 am, way later than I normally got up. I simply swung my legs over to the side and got out of bed, making my way to the floor beside it. Usually, when I woke up from a nightmare I'd lay on the ground and stare at the ceiling, being on the solid ground helped me relax. After a full year of sleeping in a small cell on the cold-concrete ground, this seemed near perfect.

Sometimes I hated sleeping in a bed, it almost seemed too nice. Something I didn't need or want for that matter. So I laid there crossing my arms over my bare chest and closed my eyes, letting my shoulders relax as the shivers stopped.

I liked the cold. It was practically my natural state of being; I enjoyed the numb feeling that overtook my body, which was a good thing the numb made me feel less broken.

I sighed in frustration when my thoughts kept circling back to the nightmare.

My fox had been silent for months, that constant presence in my head had vanished. I knew it was technically still there but it was almost like it was...dormant...asleep even. Some days it was easier that way, being a fox was a horrid reminder. Plus, Deucalion hated it when I tried to fox out. I'd been punished so much for it that eventually the thought just went away and I never really tried again.

I missed my fox though. I missed being able to run without regret and worry, and just let everything loose. But I couldn't do that anymore-wouldn't do that anymore. It just made everything seem too real, that I'm stuck in this ever-impending loop for the rest of my meaningless life.

I can never escape.

A single, pathetic tear slid down my cheek which I quickly brushed away. I wasn't even sad but sometimes my body just needed that release, it needed an outlet. So I either trained harder and longer until I could feel my muscles ache and scream in overuse. It felt good.

I sat up and made my way to the left side of the bed where my sword was. I hadn't put it back in the sheath so I just picked it up by the pommel, and walked back to the middle of the small room where I started practicing.

If I couldn't quiet my thoughts down by laying on the ground I'd practice with my sword. Practice makes perfect, even though I've already mastered it. I almost smirked at the memory at the time when I went head to head with Aiden in a sword battle. Most of the pack preferred to be hands-on but I like using weapons, it made me feel more in control and Deucalion implored that. When we fought, Aiden had managed to get a few good swings at me but I was faster and able to think quicker on my feet than him. Though he always said I cheated.

I eventually got to where I had tired him out which is no easy feat with a werewolf so after about an hour Aiden started getting careless. None of his swings had landed, but I still felt energized and ready so I suddenly swept his feet, crouched down, and aimed my sword right for his heart. Of course, I stopped halfway but the quick look of fear that crossed his stupid face was so worth it. Even after Deucalion had Ennis punish me for almost 'killing Aiden', I couldn't help but smile through it.

I'm sick and I love it.

^

I sat in silence from the passenger seat staring out the window as we passed acres of forest. It reminded me of the car crash, but I quickly switched my thoughts away from that. I rode with Ennis in a beat of SUV, while Aiden and Ethan rode on their dirt bikes trailing behind us. Kali accompanied Deucalion like always since she was his second, in a minivan. I hid my smile when I saw Kali's look of horror when she was told to drive it and I don't blame her. Who would want to drive a minivan?

We had to steal both cars from the parking lot of a small store in Utah and surprisingly these were the best options. My small-empty smile lasted until Ennis decided to open his mouth.

"Ten minutes," he grunted out and pressed the accelerator harder.

Ten minutes. That was how soon we would be reaching Beacon Hills, California.

My palm started to sweat but I kept my breathing calm and collected, the last thing I need is Ennis to start gloating and making a mockery of me. Not that he wouldn't do it anyway. The whole pack knew what Beacon Hills used to be to me, but things change and so did I.

It's not that I wasn't nervous cause that's an obvious lie but I felt...ready almost. I wasn't the same scared-little kid that left here, I'm coming back stronger and well...different...

Watch out Beacon Hills because Stiles Stilinski is back in town.

Welcome to Hell.

^^^^^^^^^

"The boys are back in town!" :)

Hi everyone I hope you all had a great Christmas if you celebrate it! Anyway, I'm ready to get back into this story so let's get to it!!! See you all in the next chapter, sorry this one's so short :(

-Also I was wondering if you guys wanted me to do a POV of the pack when they found out Stiles was 'dead.' Let me know! Have a good day :))