Chapter Twenty(Evil Bitch)

It's been hours. Hours since Jennifer left and hours since she brought in Stiles who had yet to wake up.

I was scared. I was scared for Stiles because he looked unwell but my wolf couldn't smell anything on him. There was nothing - like he wasn't even there except for his frantic heartbeat echoing in my head just like before.

I had been sitting on the cold concrete floor curled around him, trying to keep him warm and content while I froze my butt off but I didn't care.

Stiles came first, Stiles was always more important. Always.

I ran my hand through this hair again, relishing in the soft texture. I leached away any remaining pain and it was startling how much there was. It was painful even for me and I didn't know how Stiles handled it and my wolf whined once more.

Long ago I dreamed of being able to touch Stiles like this, to hold him and whisper kind words in his ear because he deserved to hear it all. I thought I would never see him again or hear his voice.

I was furious that I didn't realize it was him before but it had been so long...I hardly recognized him now and I couldn't help but wonder if he even meant for us to find out.

Why would he hide?

The thought made my stomach turn and I looked down at his sleeping face. He didn't look peaceful - or at ease, not like anyone else would. Instead, his small upturned nose was scrunched up and he was tense and cold to the touch. Every once in a while he'd jerk in his sleep but I'd simply rub my thumb over his cheek and whisper reassuring words from above.

"Shhh. Your safe, I got you. I got you."

While I tried my best to comfort Stiles, my worry increased by the minute along with the need to get him out and looked after. I didn't know when Jennifer was coming back or even what she has planned and it worried me. How could I protect Stiles if I didn't know what exactly I was protecting him from?

Stiles jerked in his sleep again and his head almost fell off my shoulder if it wasn't for my hand resting on the base of his skull, occasionally playing with the small hairs there. His heartbeat ticked again but otherwise, he remained motionless and still against my chest and I longed to see his golden-brown eyes. It sounded weird, I know but it was one of my favorite physical features of Stiles - besides his winning personality of course.

He's been hiding right under our noses for so long and now that I finally got a longer chance to see him up close I wanted to make sure that everything was okay. I needed the reassurance desperately and I almost wanted to wake him so I could see for myself.

Patience Derek.

He needed to rest, and I knew that but it was hard, it was so hard to not be able to talk to him and hear him after so long. I just wanted to hear his voice.

I shivered again but it came and passed as the last time when I stubbornly ignored it in favor of keeping Stiles warm. I lifted my right hand to his forehead and it was still as cold and clammy as before, or at least in the last two minutes, I checked.

The small light from the ceiling didn't illuminate much and I couldn't bring myself to let Stiles go long enough to check around because I knew there was no way out. Jennifer was too smart for that, so I waited. I'd wait until she came back and I'd protect Stiles with everything I had.

I'd protect him this time like I failed to do before.

After another hour that passed, I felt my eyes start to drop and I was tired, I hadn't been able to sleep properly so long, and being in the cold wasn't helping. The sound of the door opening startled me right as I was about to pass out and I instinctively curled around Stiles - impossibly closer.