Chapter 5 (Alone Again, Naturally)

Derek POV-

...Did Stiles really just run off like that? I immediately try to go after him but Peter grabs my arm holding me back. I snarl in his direction, doesn't he understand that Stiles needs me?! 

"Nephew I suggest we give him some time to cool off," Peter suggests him grip still firm on my bicep. My wolf whines, wanting to comfort our mate...uh...

I shake the thought from my head and turn around to face the pack. Peter finally loosens his hold. Scott's helping Isaac up, while I see the wounds on Erica and Boyd slowly begin to heal as them step closer. Jackson was still wrapped around Lydia smoothing down her red curls. Kira, Allison and Danny just look towards me with lost expressions on their faces. In fact everyone looks a little lost. Myself included, I don't know what to do or what to say. I'm still a little shocked at the turn of events myself. Why was Stiles hiding this? Did he not trust us? Why didn't I know about it sooner? I scold myself for being so stupid I should have seen this, I mean it's Stiles after all. How was he so subtle about it? 

I sigh as I finally lift my gaze up to the pack again, all their faces mirroring varying different emotions, mainly sadness. I'm sure I look the same. Peter stands off to the side of me not moving or saying anything like usual. 

"Is everyone alright?" I start by asking. Everyone just nods not having the strength to speak. I don't blame them though I look to Peter and he just nods at me. Then I look back towards Hemsworth's body and I couldn't help the growl that erupted from my throat. Bastard. 

"I know you're all a little freaked out, but Peter suggested we give Stiles time to think. Give us all time to think. We should just head back to the loft in the meantime and we'll see how it goes from there." Silence.

After a few moments they all just nod again and start heading towards the loft. Scott looks back at me with a kicked puppy expression on his face. All I can think to do is give him a small smile, which probably looks more like a bad grimace. I just hope that Stiles' is alright wherever he is....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stiles POV-

I run through the woods as fast as my small legs can carry me. I'm exhausted or more like I'm ready to drop down and sleep. Forever, forever sounds nice. I'm just tired of running something I never thought I'd say. At least today of all days. 

I eventually make it to the same clearing I was at this morning. By now the sun was beginning to set on this god forsaken day. The sun casts the land in a shadow of darkness the only visible light on the tip of the trees. Even the wind starts to pick up and ruffle the leaves on the ground sending a small chill through me. I'm too worn out to even admire the beauty of it all. I'm just so tired. Tired of pretending really. 

...What am I going to do?  The pack will never take me back...why would they... I'm a liar and I'm pathetic I know that. I've known that. I'll never forget the look on Derek's face as I killed Hemsworth. He was afraid. They were all afraid, of me. 

Monster. 

I'm a Monster. 

Pathetic. 

I am PATHETIC. 

I buried my head in my fur and curl in on myself. Trying to drown out the thoughts in my head. ...Yeah right, I'd probably have better luck winning the lottery anway. I let out a low whine, when did things get so bad? Where did I mess up? ...Oh right...the whole foxhunter thing.

I wish my mom was here.

I wish I had someone. Someone to talk to. Someone who cared. 

Nobody cares. 

I'm alone. 

Somehow it's kind of ironic how I always end up alone even when I try so hard to be there, but it's hard when you're not wanted. I hate being alone. My thoughts, my feelings, my mind eats me alive. When I'm alone I think and thinking is bad...

The sun finally sets sending the whole forest into an abyss of darkness. I hate the dark but sometimes I wish it'd just swallow me whole. Then I'd be free, but oh well...maybe next time.

I hear the crickets begin to chirp and the rustle of branches as birds get ready to rest. My ears catching even the smallest of sounds. To the slow steady flow of the water to the wind blowing the leaves that paint the ground. I start to close my eyes, the sounds of the forest lulling me to sleep. 

 It's just dark enough that I don't see the form standing a few feet behind me. I don't sense the possible danger approaching. I just close my eyes nestle closer in on myself. I'm so tired. So very tired.

Just a few more minutes I say...Just a few more minutes....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi, I'm back! I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry it's so short and sucky, but I finally figured where I fully want the story to go so that's good! Thank you all for being patient with me, I'm now ready to get back into the swing of things!

PS- This story will definitely be finished before christmas so watch out for that! Have a great day everybody! :))