Chapter 8 (Puppy Pile)

Scott POV-

As we head out of the room I send one last look towards Derek and Stiles. I'm about to ask Derek what he intends to do but soon Derek's growling at Peter to leave. After seeing the fiery look in his eyes I decide to leave them alone and follow the rest of the pack out towards the living room.

"Hey, you alright Scott?" Isac asks patting the couch signaling for me to sit.

Everyone else has flooded into the living room fighting over spots on the couches.

"Yeah I'm alright just worried about Stiles. I don't think I can live with myself knowing he thinks we hate him."

Issac just gives me a sad smile and throws his arms around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. Eventually a quiet conversation starts among the pack after a few minutes and Peter has finally joined the others in the conversation, being his usually snarky self.

However before any one could say something, Derek suddenly stormed into the room looking furious and confused. Me and Isaac jumped up and quickly headed towards him, I hold my hands out as if trying to calm a wild animal.

"Derek, calm down man, what's going on?" I whisper out but Derek just growls and turns to look at me, his eyes still blood red. Isaac whimpered and cowered behind me further, obviously scared of Derek.

"We need to call Deaton," he grunts out and turns towards the kitchen storming away. I try to go after him but Isaac pulls on my sleeve pointing towards the room. The rest of the pack is gathered by the door banging on it, yelling for Stiles to open the door. I practically run over Isaac hot on my tail and squeeze my way through the others.

"Stiles! Stiles open the door!" I yell, I can hear his heaving breathing and can smell the tears from here. Why is he crying? The others yell and pound on the door but nothing happens.

"G-guys back up give him some space," I manage out. "Somebody needs to go check on Derek."

Jackson growls, "who put you in charge McCall?" I just roll my eyes at him, now is really not the time for his temper tantrums. Luckily Lydia just grabs his arm and pulls him away. They all send me looks but thankfully they back away from the door.

"Get him out of there Scott," Erica demands staring at me before striding towards the kitchen. Isaac moves to leave too but I grab his hand holding him back. I don't want him anywhere near Derek and luckily Isaac seems to understand and smiles at me. I turn my attention towards the door and decide a softer approach hoping it will calm Stiles down.

"Stiles listen to my voice, ok? I just want to help but I can't do that if you won't let me in." I'm met with silence but I hear his heart beat start to slow down to a normal rate. After a few seconds though I hear more painful sobs.

"Please open the door Stiles I just need to know you're alright," I choke out trying to hold back my panic.

After a few minutes I hear shuffling and the door slowly opens, revealing a broken looking Stiles. My heart lurches at seeing him; He has tear marks down his cheeks and his eyes are all red and puffy. I insinctly rush forward and pull him into a hug, rubbing his back comfortingly.

"It's alright Stiles, shhh you're ok now," I breathe out relieved that my best friend is ok. At least for now. I feel a wet patch on my shoulder and Stiles shudders but I just hug him harder his face is now buried in my neck. I look over to Isaac who has tears in his eyes and hold out my hand for him to take. He grabs it and comes rushing forwards into the hug, practically wrapping himself around Stiles and me. I try not to focus on Derek right now, but I can't help but wonder what happened.

I know for certain though that whatever he did to hurt my best friend he's going to pay. Or at least there's going to be some strong words between us.

I hear the pack start to make their way back over to us and I lift my head up to see everyone looking equally as concerned as I am.

"Stiles lets go to the living room, ok?" He just nods and pulls himself away from the hug keeping his head down low. Isaac whines and hugs Stiles once more, guiding him towards the couches. The pack follows after, desperate to see if Stiles is ok.

Danny and Allison hold me back though obviously not wanting to say whatever they had to say in front of everybody.

I nod my head at them at them to continue, and they just look at each other before sighing. Danny is the first to speak up though, "it's Derek he just left saying he had to speak with Deaton but he didn't say what."

I just sigh, for some reason whatever happened between Derek and Stiles is serious enough that Derek had to go to deaton. I just hope that Stiles will eventually open up about what happened with Derek, the last thing I want to see is my best friend get more hurt. Especially after everything he's been through.

Allison clears her throat, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What should we do Scott?" She looks at me in worry and frankly I'm not sure what to tell her.

"I guess for now we help Stiles and deal with all the Derek BS later," that gets a snort out of Danny but they both nod and we head towards the rest of the pack.

My eyes widen as is see the group all gathered in a pile on the floor. Stiles in the middle of it all with Isaac wrapped around his side nuzzling his neck, both deep in sleep. Erica and Boyd are curled up together by Stiles feet, snoring softly. Jackson and Lydia are to his left, with Lydia laying completely on top of Jackson. Kira is curled around a pillow by the top of Stiles head.

Surprisingly they are all touching Stiles in some way and I hear Allison and Danny awe behind me, it brings a small smile to my face. If only I had a camera.

We all quietly make our way into the pile, Allison choosing to lay by Kira, Danny by Erica and Boyd and I slowly creep in behind Isaac. He lets out a little whimper and curls himself around Stiles further as if protecting him. I smile wider and gently smooth down his fluffy curls, running my fingers through the soft hair.

This feels right, and my wolf all but growls in agreement.

I look over Isaac's shoulder to see Stiles calm, relaxed face and I can't help but feel relieved. No matter what I promise to make Stiles feel better, despite the obvious issue with our alpha.

Stiles needs us and we need him, and it's about damn time we showed him that.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry this chapter sucks but more will be coming soon! :) Have a good day.