(Ch-33) Sucker

Who's first? (Sorry I loved seeing y'all comment on this last chapter)

—————————

It was a phone call that got me running out of my house at eight in the morning.

It was a phone call that made me want to break down in sweat and tears.

It was a phone call that made me run out of the house in my hoodie and sweatpants.

It was a phone call that got me running to the hospital that was six miles away.

It was a phone call that made me feel like losing all hope.

It was a phone call telling me that my best friend was about to go into surgery that has a high chance of him losing his fucking life.

~~~~~~~
Flashback.
(3ʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴠɪᴇᴡ)
---------------------

The silent chirps of the morning birds flew by the rustling trees, the sun shining it's rays through the mediums of the sky. The wind whistled around, going about it's day.

Seventeen year old Lucas Saphrano had his fragile hand around the waist of his fourteen year old sister. Both of them sleeping peacefully on the Sunday morning. The younger siblings head tucked into her elder brothers chest— as if shielding herself from this extremely cruel world.

The peaceful silence at the early hours at the Saphrano home was broken by the ringing of a phone.

Elainy let out a tired groan of her chapped lips as she turned around and grabbed her phone— her eyes closed all the while. 

She pressed answer and put the phone up against her right ear.

"H-hello?" She dragged out a tired yawn.

"Hello?" A feminine voice carried out— it sounded scared and shaken, as if it was going to break down at any moment. Elainy thought it sounded quite...familiar.

Elainy furrowed her eyebrows as she took the phone off of her ear and put it in front of her face. She slowly opened her sticky eyes to see the caller ID.

My Partner In Crime 🔫

0:09

Press to end call

───────────