(Ch-25) Try-outs

My brothers helped me? Seriously?!

I made my way into the class, seeing it was empty except for Mrs.Willers.
She looked up from a book she was reading and smiled at me as she closed the book.
"Is everything ok Ms. Saphrano?"
"Yes." I nodded as I smiled back. "Where is everybody?"
"It's lunch time."
"Oh ok, thank you." I smiled as I was about to head out the door I stopped and turned around. "Mrs.Willers?"
"Yes?"
"How much did I get?"
"You got 92, great job." She smiled warmly at me.
"How much did Blake get?" I asked, I was so anxious.
"Oh he got-" She was cut off by her phone ringing.

"Please excuse me, I have to take this. Go and eat your lunch you won't get extra time." She smiled as she picked up her phone. "Yes hello?"

I nodded and made my out and to the cafeteria.

I walked over to the lunch lady Nyah and smiled at her.
"Ah my favorite face, what can I get you today sugar?" She welcomed me warmly.

I've always loved her, she was always too kind and nice. She had black hair with dark skin she wore an apron on her jean shirt. Everyone called her lunch lady while I called her lady Nyah.

"Hello lady Nyah, what are my options today?" I smiled kindly at her.
"Well darling, we have pizza and sloppy Joes."
"Which one would you recommend?" I asked as I kept a finger on my chin, in a deciding manner, exchanging gazes between the pizza and the sloppy Joe.
"The sloppy Joes."
"Why?" I looked up to her with a smile.
"Cause I made them with love, just for you." She gave me another warm smile.
"Ok then, one sloppy Joe please." I let out a slight chuckle.
"Coming right up!"

She grabbed a plate and put 2 buns on them, she put some filling on the top of the bun and quickly finished it with another bun and smoshed them slightly together. She grabbed a blue tray and kept my my plate on top of it. I thanked her and just as I was about to leave she stopped me.

"Suger wait!" She called out.
I turned around and started walking towards her. "Yes Lady Nyah?" I said as I set my tray down on the counter.

Lady Nyah looked around to make sure no one was watching and put a bottle of apple juice in my tray.

"Oh no, Lady Nyah I don't need juice." I smiled at her.
"Darling its on the house." She gave me a smile back.
"But Lady Nyah you can get in trouble for this, you can also possibly lose you job here. I-I can't accept this." I shook my head in denial as I pushed the apple juice off my tray and towards her.
"Pumpkin, I'm giving you apple juice, not a hundred dollars. Now don't be so modest and take it." She pushed the apple juice back on my tray.
"Are you so sure?"
"Darling if I wasn't I wouldn't be insisting, now go on, lunch won't last forever." She ushered me away with a smile.
I smiled back. "Thank you Lady Nyah."
"Any time sugar!"

I looked around, trying to spot an empty table where I can eat in peace or if Olivia was here. I started walking towards a table in the corner of the cafeteria, close to the trash can, but I didn't care, I wasn't the type of girl to care.

I walked to the table and sat there. The cafeteria had a busy atmosphere, there were people laughing and chatting, people goofing around with thier friends, and there were just some people who were too busy eating.

I sighed and looked down at the sloppy Joe, a grateful smile slowly made its way into my face. The sloppy Joe was rather...sloppy. The buns of the sandwich were pale yet they had a warm heat radiating from it. The corners were slight brown from the heat. The meat filling was slightly dripping from the bread and onto the plate.

I looked around and none of my brothers nor thier friends were seen anywhere. Usually they would be sitting in the 'popular' table which was situated right in the center of the cafeteria.