(Ch-16) Protective

"WAKE upppppppp!" Someone shrieked, as they took the cover off of my body.
"Go awayyyy!" I groaned incoherently as I was still half asleep.
"Your mother made black pudding and baked beans!" The person tempted me in a sweet voice. This was definitely not any of my brother's voice.
I slightly opened my eyes and smiled widely at the person. I got up and sat on my bed as I lazily slung my arms around his shoulders, attempting to pull him into a hug, with my eyes still closed. The person hugged me back and patted my back.
"Alright princess, go get dressed!" He used my childhood nickname.
"Dadddddd," I lazily groaned, stretching the the 'd'. "I'm not five." I slightly smiled as I stretched with my eyes still closed.
He kissed my forehead. "You'll always be my princess, little one." And he went out the door, gently closing it.
I opened my eyes and looked around, and then I rubbed them.
'Five more minutes wouldn't hurt, now would they?' My inside voice yawned.
"I guess, but what time is it?" I turned to look at my alarm clock. "Oh Crap, it's already 4:18 pm!"

I grabbed my phone and looked at the number of miscalls and text messages I got from Olivia. I put my palm on my forehead and sigh, as I continue to look through it. I totally forgot that I had to go to the carnival with Olivia!

From Olivia
:Hey El! I was wondering if you wanted to go to the carnival at 5?
12:23 pm

:Sorry to disturb you, but I kept trying to call you. You wouldn't pick up. Is everything ok?
2:14 pm

:El? I'm getting a bit worried... You didn't come to school either. Please, when you see these texts, replying to me is the first thing you do.
3:56 pm

27 missed calls from Olivia

I immediately called Olivia.
"Hello?" A worried voice answered.
"Hi Olivia." I sighed.
"Oh my goodness! Where were you?! I was so worried?!" She sighed in relief.
"I um," What could I use as a excuse? "I wasn't feeling well, so I decided it was best if I took some bed rest." I yawned.
"Oh ok, I thought something happened after you got beat up yesterday. I thought you might have done something to yourself," her voice got really quiet towards the end.
I laughed it off. "Olivia, chill! I wouldn't do that. Yet..." I mumbled the last part to myself.
"What?"
"Oh nothing!"
"So what time to you want to go to the fair?" She asked.
"Hm," I thought for a bit. "How 'bout, 5:30?"
"Sure! I'll come pick you up twenty minutes earlier, is that ok?"
"Sure, I'll see you then!"
"Ok, bye!" She said, dragging the 'e' as she cut the call.

I mentally cursed myself under my breath for sleeping in.
'Go and brush your teeth, take a shower then go and change into an outfit. I'm really excited!' She said.
"I'm not." I grumbled as I made my way into the bathroom.
Then she started singing. 'You're insecure, don't know what for! You turn your head and walk through the do-o-or! No need make up, to cover up-'
"Would you shut up!" I groaned, as I took my toothbrush and put some paste on it, before inviting it to my mouth.
'You phycopath! How dare you disrespect One Direction?! They are my religion!' She sneered in the back of my mind.
I roll my eyes as I spit out the germs in my mouth.
'Who brushes thier teeth at 4 pm?'
"Me."

After I brushed my teeth, I looked at my really messy bun. I struggled to take it out as my rubber band intervened with my hair.
'Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,-'
"I sure to god, if you don't don't shut up right now-"
'Fine! Threaten me but not my babies!'
I rolled my eyes as I quickly took the rubber band off of me and hoped in the shower.

After I took a nice, warm shower. I hopped out of the shower and wore my bathrobe. I went to my bedroom and looked for my clothes. I settled for a hand-made woolen, orange tank top with thick straps and a regular light blue jeans with a few rips, revealing my knee caps and a bit of my thighs. I went in the bathroom and changed, drying my hair in the process. After I dried my hair, I decided to put it in two Dutch braids. I went out of the bathroom and went to my room.
"Honey, are you done?" Dad called from the outside of my room, as he knocked. "Almost, just give me five more minutes!" I called back."Ok!" He said, then I heard his footsteps leave. I sat on my dressing table and put on some light make up. Mascara, lip gloss, face cream, concealer, powder. The usuals. I picked up a small backpack. Tyler gave it to me as a present. It was a yellow 'Fjallraven' bag.