S2 EP9- Party guessed

"whatcha doing?" sheriff asks as he walks only slightly into the room

stiles flips through a few more pages of the year book "homework"

i furrowed my eyebrows at the obvious lie but sheriff seemed to buy it as he walked away from the door only to return a few seconds later peering his head around the door with a confused look on his face "its spring break"

when stiles doesn't answer he walks into the room looking at me for an answer "whats he doing?"

"i honestly dont know hes been sat there for the past 10 minutes flicking through that book" i answer not giving away what he was doing but not completely lying about it.

noah nods and turns to his son as i return to watching stranger things (i asked my friend what show they wanted to watch so there you go, your welcome ella.)

"what do you think youre doing?" noah asks his son leaning over his shoulder.

"oh you know, im just satisfying my own curiosity" stiles answered flipping another page in the yearbook

noah takes the book fliiping the cover shut and picking it up "we brought harris in for questioning this morning, they brought him in"

stiles now seems automatically interested in what his father has to say "and?!"

"and theyre working on a warrrant to arrest him for the murders" noah answers

stiles leans back in his chair "for all of them?"

"enough of them" noah replies

"with what proof?" i ask moving from my spot on the bed and leaning over the other side of stiles.

"you remember the couple at the trailer? tire tracks nearby match Harris's car" he answers

"well thats not enough" stiles replies going through a different book when noah stops him again

"the same car was also seen outside the hospital where the pregnant wife was killed. its got some bumper sticker on it, a quote from einstein?"

"wait what quote?" i ask knowing stiles said something about a quote from einstein on a car he saw at the rave.

"something about imagination and knowledge" noah answers with a furrowed brow

stiles sighs "imagination is more important than knowledge, yeah. i saw the same car parked outside the rave"

"well that means your a witness. your gonna have to give a statement" noah tells the boy

stiles moves to sit back on the chair properly "yeah but what about the concert promoter, kara? she wasnt in harris' class, right? and what does Mr lahey have to do with any of this?"

"it doesnt matter. the tire tracks put harris at the site of three of the murders. thats damming evidence" noah sighs

"no its not enough" stiles replies again opening the book

i furrow my eyebrows "i thought you hated mr harris?"

"i dont hate him, alright. he hates me. and you know, if he killed them all then yeah, lock the psycho up, but theres something missing. theres gotta be something missing" he says rapidly looking through the books.

"hey" i say putting my hand on top of his making him stop

"you dont have to solve this for me" noah says

"i have to do something" he sighs looking up at his dad

when noah doesnt answer and stares at the book me and stiles both get confused "what?" stiles asks