Anchors

~third person PoV~

It was around 1am. The town was quiet and all that could be heard was the crickets and a few various other animal noises.

Stiles lay asleep in his bed, the moonlight shinning into his room. Y/n was asleep next to him, her arms around his shoulders as she slept on his back.

Stiles tossed and turned a few times his breathing slowly starting to speed up. "No,no,no.... don't let them in" he whispered his voice high with fear.

He repeated the phrase a few times but not loud enough for y/n to hear so she was still asleep.

His eyes snapped open and his arms pushed forwards, making contact with metal. Stiles looked through the few slots of window above his head. He felt confused, confused because he wasn't in his room. But also confused because he had just woken up but didn't feel tired.

He looked around for a second before banging on the door of the locker trying to push it open. He banged against it several times, the loudness of each hit bouncing around the walls. Suddenly the door burst open and he fell through.

He landed on his feet and looked around noticing he was in the boys locker room and had previously been inside a locker. It was dimly lit, just like his room. Only the light from the moon shining in.

He opened the locker room door slowly walking out into the hallway. Looking around again to make sure he was still where he thought he was.

He looked down one end of the hall to see a open door, he took slow steps towards it, walking in to see a large cut down tree trunk. The nemeton.

Dirt and leaves as well as upturnt tables and chairs littered the floor. Stiles furrowed his eyebrows as he walked closer to the tree wondering what the hell was going on.

He hovered his hand above the tree debating whether or not to touch it. He heard a creaking sound but before he could do anything about it thick vines wrapped around his hand pulling it down to the tree stump.

Stiles gasped as his body shot up, he was now back in his room, a few droplets of sweat rolling down his forehead.

"You okay?" A voice from behind him asked "stiles?"

Y/n placed her hand on top of stiles' arm looking at the boy with concern.

Stiles' heart rate slowly started to slow down as he felt himself being calmed by the hand on his arm. Y/n put her other hand on his knee rubbing her thumb over his pyjama pants.

"Yeah I was just dreaming." Stiles answered quietly

Y/n leant her head onto his shoulder as she sighed in concern for her boyfriend who looked near enough traumatised.

"It was weird" he admitted "it was like a dream... with in a dream."

"A nightmare?" The girl asked placing a small kiss on his shoulder

"Yeah." He replied wrapping his hand around his girlfriends smaller one that was resting on his knee.

He slowly turned to look at her and she gave him a small hopefully comforting smile.

"It's okay. I'm here." She smiled gently placing a kiss to his cheek.

They both heard a low creaking and turned to stiles' bedroom door, watching as it slowly opened. Only slightly though. They tried to see what or who opened the door but nothing was clear, the only thing you could see being darkness.