Chapter 17 - Cavalry Battle

Izuku pov:

(Y/N) was holding me close and was growling at anyone who even looked at me. I tried to calm him down with treats, but I guess being in a crowd of people has him agitated. Needless to say everyone backed away frightened by his protective behavior.

Midnight: Now then, I will explain the rules of the calvary battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of it's members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!

Everyone began to talk amongst themselves about the information they just received. I looked up at (Y/N) causing him to look down at me before tilting his head and smiling.

Izuku: What do you think about the upcoming event?

(Y/N): You've done amazing so far, Izuku. I have no doubt you will come in first again.

I smiled up at him just as Midnight continued to explain the rules of the event.

Midnight: During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your Quirks. But it is still a calvary battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately!

(Y/N) groaned before laying his chin on my head, seemingly upset he won't be able to knock down the other students. I just lifted my hand up and rubbed his head causing him to release a purr and his tail to wag.

Midnight: Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!

(Y/N) pov:

Team? I highly doubt anyone would want to work alongside us, either because my king has a huge target on his head, or they fear me.

My king went into deep thought, more than likely thinking up a strategy, so as to entertain myself I observed the humans. Some of our classmates were trying to convince the explosive human to join their team. A few humans even approached me, but I just growled at them causing them to run away in fear.

Foolish humans, my loyalty will always lie with Izuku.

My king seemed to be done thinking as he tapped my arm to get my attention. I let go of him allowing him to turn around and face me.

Izuku: C'mon, we have to find some teammates before the fifteen minutes are up.

But with me on your side, you won't need any other help.

He began to walk off so I quickly followed behind him while keeping an eye out for any foes. Izuku soon approached the human with a tail.

Izuku: Um, Ojiro...?

He turned and began to walk away while using his tail to cover his face.

Mashirao: Sorry...

This action enraged me as I began to growl before walking towards him.

How dare you ignore my king?! I will cut off your tail and hang you with it!

Izuku quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back, preventing me from going after and mutilating the human.

Izuku: Calm down, we can just find someone else.

Ochaco: Deku! (Y/N)!

We both turned to the sound of the kind human's voice. She came running up to us with a smile on her face. I sat down next to Izuku as Uraraka stopped in front of us.