Chapter 5 - Roaring Muscles

Izuku pov:

The number one hero, All Might. Age unknown, Quirk unidentified. He dashed onto the scene of the hero world and received unwavering popularity based on his ability. Ever since he appeared, the once critically high rate of crimes committed by villains decreased year after year, and his existence itself became a deterrent. He became the Symbol of Peace in both name and reality. And that man said to me--

All Might: You can become a hero.

I needed someone to tell me that. And then, the person I admire most in this world did. Honestly, part of me thought I'd never hear those words, much less from him.

All Might: I deem you worthy of my power. My quirk is yours to inherit.

Izuku: Huh?

(Y/N) pov:

Izuku: Inherit your power?

All Might: *Chuckle* What's with that face? It's just a suggestion. The real show starts after this.

While they were talking I unwrapped my tail from around Izuku, and used my hand to gently wipe away his tears and snot.

All Might: Listen, young man. You need to decide whether or not to accept my power!

Some blood came out his mouth when he yelled that. I used my tail to wipe the blood away from his mouth so he can speak.

All Might: Thank you (Y/N), here you can have this.

He pulled out a snack from his back pocket and tossed it to me, which I swiftly caught and ate.

All Might: Nice catch! Anyway I'm talking about my power, young man. The tabloids called it "superhuman strength" and a "boost," and I constantly dodged the question during interviews with a funny joke. Because the Symbol of Peace, All Might, had to be a natural-born hero. But young man, I will tell you the truth.

He then raised his hands in the air for dramatic effect.

All Might: My quirk was passed on to me like a sacred torch.

A sacred torch? If I'm not mistaken a fire can be extinguished.

Izuku: It was passed on to...?

All Might: That's right. And next, it is your turn.

Izuku: W-Wait! Wait a minute! It's true that your Quirk is something hotly debated as one of the world's greatest mysteries. So much so that not a day goes by when I don't see someone talking about it online. But, well, I don't really understand what you mean by inheriting or passing on a Qui-

I recognized this as the start of when he mumbles to himself so I softly poked him with my tail. The small amount of pain wasn't enough to make him bleed just enough to get him to stop.

Izuku: *gasp* Oh, thanks (Y/N).

I purred as he rubbed my head.

All Might: You always start with denial, huh? Nonsense!

Izuku: Wh...?!

All Might: I may hide a lot of things, but I don't lie! The power to transfer power... That is the Quirk I inherited! I was crowned with "One For All"!

Liar! You're not royalty, I don't see any crown!

Izuku: "One For All"...

All Might: That's right. One person cultivates the power and passes it on to another person, who also cultivates it and passes it on. It is the crystallization of power that spins together the voices of those who need help with a courageous heart.