Chapter 6 - Start Line

Izuku pov:

U.A. High School’s hero course. A training school for those whose goal is to acquire the necessary qualifications needed for pro heroes. Among similar courses across the country, theirs is the most popular and most competitive, and their acceptance rate is less than one in three hundred every year. The hero who refused a National Honour Award--The number one hero, All Might. The hero who resolved the most incidents in history--The Fiery Hero, Endeavor. The winner of the Best Jeanist award eight years in a row--Best Jeanist. Graduating from U.A. is a requirement for becoming a great hero. And so, I also tackled the U.A. entrance exam with (Y/N) by my side. I will take...the first step toward my dream of becoming a hero!

(Y/N) pov:

As we were outside the gate of the battle ground the humans marveled at the size of the battlefield. I was sitting next to Izuku as the t-shirt the loud human threw at me was tied around his waist.

Random: What is this? It’s like a city! They have more than one of these on the school grounds?

Izuku looked anxious so in an attempt to calm him I wrapped my arms and tail around him and purred. His body and breathing relaxed as the vibrations slightly shook him.

Izuku: Thanks (Y/N), I'm alright now.

I nodded as I unwrapped myself from him before sitting right by his feet.

Random 2: U.A.'s amazing!

It seems the humans weren't nervous about this upcoming trial at most they were anxious. My king on the other hand seems to be internally panicking as he observes his competition. I still don't see why he won't let me kill the other contenders.

As Izuku was looking around he noticed the human that saved him from falling.

Izuku: Oh yeah, I have to thank her for earlier. C'mon (Y/N) you should thank her too for the snack she gave you.

Why would I thank her for something that was rightfully mine from the start?

Regardless I followed Izuku as he led us over to the human who's name we still don't know. We weren't able to get far as Izuku stopped, so I looked up at him only to see a human's dirty hand on his shoulder. Normally I wouldn't attack humans that touch Izuku, as he ordered me not to, but this was the same human that attempted to embarrass him earlier.

I already gave him a warning so me killing him is justified right?

As I was about to strike, Izuku lightly tugged on my leash signaling me to stop.

???: That girl appears to be trying to focus. What is your pet doing here? Are you taking the entrance exam to interfere with everyone else?

Izuku: N-N-No, of course not...

The other humans began to direct their unnecessary and unwanted attention to Izuku slightly annoying me. They then began to make comments about him increasing my annoyance and anger. It seems Izuku couldn't hear them but I could.

Random: That guy’s the one who was about to trip in front of the school gates, right?

Random 2: The one who winced after being called out.

Random 3: At the very least, we have one less rival to worry about, huh?

Everyone: Lucky for us.

I would've slaughtered you all if Izuku wasn't here to stop me. Maybe I can kill them in this trial and make it look like an accident. No, I can't the heroes will be watching everyone closely. Congrats humans you get to live for now.