Chapter 16

Alina's P.O.V

We talked about random things while eating. We had ordered pancakes with Americano for him and cappuccino for me.

It was fun talking with him. I felt comfortable, like at home. The way you feel when you enter your home and the air around you relaxes.

I noticed he had a slight dimple on his left cheek when he laughed. It was cute. Made me want to make him laugh more and more. Just to see it.

"What now?" I asked as we left the cafe.

"Now we walk." He said walking ahead.

I quickly caught up to him. "Where to?" I asked again.

"Anywhere. Wherever you want to go." He said looking at me with a small smile.

I chuckled. "Let's go then."

He called someone from his company to give the car key to.We walked like that for some time with no destination in mind. Our hands brushed as we walked beside each other.

At some point we started playing a game where we make up a story for any person we see.

We made all type of stories. Magical, fictional, realistic. I also described a grandma as a saviour of the universe who was retired now.

Aman enjoyed that one a lot. As I was looking around for someone interesting to make a story on, I saw a bookstore.

It was small and looked like it was barely visited. I stopped infront of it and Aman stopped too.

"Can we go inside?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

He nodded. I opened the door and a small bell chimed signalling our arrival.

I excitedly walked through the first isle. I touched the spines of the books as I walked.

There was a sign on the top which told the genre of the books. I found the fantasy romance section which was my favourite.

I picked up a book and looked through it. I opened the middle page and took a big whiff.

Aman chuckled and I looked at him eyes wide open. "I am not a weird person I swear." I started explaining.

"It's okay. Books smell great, I know." He said. He was going to say something else when his phone ranged.

He mouthed an excuse me as he walked out of the shop. I picked up another book and did the same.

I looked through several books and found a one which I liked a lot. Then I realised that I can't buy it.

I was looking through it sadly when Aman returned.

"Do you like this one?" He asked.

I nodded absent-minded. He took the book from my hand and walked to the front.

The cashier took the book and scanned it. I quickly whispered to him, "What are you doing?"

He looked at me with his eyebrows raised. "You said you like this one?"

"So?" I whispered again as the cashier  looked at us weirdly.

"So I am buying it. What else am I supposed to do?" He looked genuinely confused.

"Not buy it?" I asked.

"Anything else?" The cashier asked and Aman looked at me.

I shook my head and said, "We don't want this either-"

"Please don't listen to her. Here's my card." Aman said.

Aman's P.O.V

As we exited the store she looked at me with a wide smile, "You didn't need to."

How should I tell her that I would have bought the whole store just to see that smile?

"It's a gift. A souvenir to remember this trip by."

"I won't have forgotten it anyway but thank you." She said. "Where to now?"

"It's a suprise." I said teasing her.

A small pout formed on her lips. "I don't like suprises."

"I think you do." I said just as my employee parked the car infront of us.

I opened the door for her, "Shall we?"

She sat down and I thanked the employee for his work. Sitting down in the seat, I started driving towards our final destination.

"A park?" She asked as I parked the car.

I nodded. "I thought we could have lunch here. Like a picnic. It's okay with you right?" I asked hoping she doesn't think it's cheap.

"Yes, it's perfect. My ideal type of date-" She immediately stopped. "I meant a friendly date. You know the type you have with your friends-"

I just took her hand silently and pulled her along with me. Choosing a spot under a tree I laid down a blanket.

I placed the picnic basket and sat down. As I took out all the food, Alina looked more and more excited.

I arranged the sandwiches, fruits and juice boxes. "This is amazing." Alina said eating a sandwich.

"I am glad you like it." I said eating too.

Alina finished eating first and took out her phone. Suddenly I heard a click.

I looked at her puzzled. "Are you clicking my picture?"

"No!" She immediately said.

"Let me see your phone then." I said.

She shook her head so I snatched the phone from her hand. As suspected I found my photo.

I showed it to her with a eyebrow raised. "You know, you could have just asked me." I said and started clicking pictures.

I shifted a bit to sit beside her and then started clicking pictures together.

We clicked lots of pictures together and when she wasn't looking I clicked her pictures too.

We talked and talked. It was like we can never run out of topics to talk about.

At some point we started playing with little kids. It was fun seeing her giggle and run around with the little kids.

But as all good things come to an end, the sun set and it was time to go back. We packed everything up and went towards the car.

As I was driving I realised that she was too silent. I looked at her and she was sleeping.

A gentle smile graced my lips. Soon we reached the hotel. I shook her and she woke up rubbing her eyes.

"We are here." I said slowly not wanting to startle her. She sleepily nodded her head.

We silently rode the elevator and reached her room. She opened the door and went inside.

Then she came out again. "Thank you for today I had fun. And thanks for the book too." She said her eyes drooping but a small smile on her lips.

I smiled, "I had fun too. Good night Alina."

"Good night. Sleep well." She said and then went inside again.

The smile didn't leave my lips as I went to my room. I am sure I will sleep well today.

_______________________________________

Hello everyone,

If you liked their date do leave a vote and comment.

Stay safe and healthy~
- Author