Chapter 6

Alina's P.O.V

I didn't realise how much time it took me and Madiha to get ready until we were in the cab. The traffic was really bad and we were stuck in one place for what seemed like an hour.

"It has only been ten minutes. Stop worrying." Madiha said.

"Yes, but we are still not moving. It's already ten past ten. If we don't move for another twenty minutes. It would be ten thirty. Then it would take us about forty five minutes to reach there. I would be fifteen minutes late by then." I rambled on nervously looking out the window.

"Don't think too much. It will be fine." She said again rubbing my back soothingly.

"You are saying that because you know I am right."

She looked at me guilty. After ten more minutes the traffic started moving.

"Floor it, sir." I shouted at the cab driver.

He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Ignore her, sir. Please drive at the legal speed." Madiha said.

We were stuck in traffic at two more spots. And it was eleven twenty by the time I reached the office.

I asked Madiha to pay and ran out of the cab. Reaching the receptionist, I stood for a minute catching my breath.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The receptionist asked in a very sweet and concerned voice.

Probably concerned because of the way I was panting. I stood up straighter. "Yes, sorry about that. I have an appointment with the CEO, Aman Khan. The appointment was at eleven. I am a bit late."

"Just a minute, ma'am. If you can tell me your name, I will check."

"Right, I am Alina Edris. I talked with Mr.Rehaan."

"Okay, ma'am. Just a minute." She said typing in her computer. "I see ma'am, that your appointment was at eleven. If you don't mind waiting a bit more, I have to check with Mr.Rehaan if Mr.Khan is still free or not."

"Yes, ofcourse." I said nervously. Please be free. I prayed in my mind.

The receptionist talked on the phone for a bit and then looked at me. "Ma'am you can go. Mr.Khan is waiting for you. Please take the elevator to the twelfth floor." She said gesturing me towards the elevator.

"Thank you so much." I said smiling and pressing the elevator button.

I got in quickly and pressed the closed button multiple times. Pressing the button for the twelfth floor I waited. This elevator feels so slow.

Finally the elevator doors opened I rushed outside and bumped into a wall.

Why is a wall infront of the elevator? What kind of planning is this? Who designed this building?

I was thinking all this when I realised that I didn't fell down when I bumped. This lead to the realisation that there were two arms holding me up.

Shocked I looked up, to be greeted by a very handsome face. Wow, he is like a Greek god.

The handsome man chuckled. "Shit! I said that out loud, didn't I ?"

He nodded. "Thank you." He said.

"Why?"

"For complimenting me." He said smiling me.

And I swear that was the most beautiful smile ever. But I couldn't embarrass myself more infront of this man. More being the key word considering I have already embarrassed myself by bumping into him. "I didn't compliment you. I just thought."

"Okay, then thank you for thinking that I am handsome." He said with an amused smile on his face.

I don't know why but that smile made butterflies burst in my stomach. I could feel my face heating up. So I said in a small whisper, "Can you let go of me now?"

A look of realisation passed on his face and he immediately let go of me making me fall to the ground.

He looked at me suprised. He quickly kneeled down beside me. "I am so sorry. Are you okay?"

I blushed a deeper shade of red. "Yes. I am fine." He held my hand and helped me get up.

"You are not hurt, are you? I am sorry. I didn't meant to let go so suddenly."

He looked genuinely concerned and didn't seemed to make fun of me. "It's okay. It's not your fault. And I am fine."

He looked a bit calm now. "I am still sorry." He said with an adorable smile on his face.

I chuckled. "It's okay."

"I would like to compensate you for it." He said.

I laughed. "You don't need to compensate me for this. I just fell on the floor. It's not like I broke something."

"No please let me." He said firmly.

I thought for a bit. I obviously wasn't gonna take money or anything from this man. "Well, if you really wanna compensate me there is something you can do."

His eyes lit up. "Yes please tell me. I will do anything."

"Take me to Mr.Khan's office. The CEO." I said.

He looked at me confused. "Is that it?"

I nodded.

"That's easy. You are standing infront of it."

Suprised I turned around and true enough I was standing infront of a door with the name plate CEO.

"Thank you. This is enough of a compensation." I said smiling and then turned around to knock.

"May I come in? I am Alina Edris." I said knocking a couple of times.

"Please come in Ms.Alina." The man said from behind me. I looked at him confused.

Thinking it was a joke, I knocked again. After waiting for five minutes, I still didn't got any response. "Did he leave because I was late?" I mumbled.

"I already asked you to come in, didn't I?" The man said chuckling.

"Huh?" I asked.

Shaking his head, he walked infront of me and opened the door. Walking straight inside he sat down at the chair.

"Ms.Alina, I was waiting for you. Please come in." He said.

I looked at him eyes and mouth open. Shock evident on my face. "You- You are Aman Khan?"

He just nodded at me with an amused smile.

I recalled all the things that happened in the past few minutes. I blushed a deep shade of red.

"No need to feel awkward Ms.Alina. It was my fault." He said sensing my awkwardness.

I walked in finally. "Please sit down." He said gesturing at the seat infront of him.

Aman's P.O.V

I was waiting for Alina. It was ten past eleven and she still wasn't here. I decided to wait a bit more.

After ten more minutes I decided to go check. Maybe she is lost or something...

I walked out and just then the elevator doors opened. She rushed out hurriedly. Not looking here and there she ran straight into me. I immediately held onto her arms to steady her.

After a few moments, she finally looked up. Her face turned red.

I wasn't expecting our first meeting to be like this but I am not complaining.

_______________________________________

Hello,

Hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Stay safe and healthy~
- Author