Chapter 1

Aman's P.O.V

Lying sleepless in bed I was beyond frustrated. 2:39 am alarm clock displayed these numbers reminding me of the awfully late time I am awake at. My thoughts kept drifting to that someone.

I closed my eyes. Forcing myself to succumb to the darkness but it wasn't ready to engulf me yet.

Sighing I stood up to go warm some milk. I remember how Mom always used to give me a warm cup of milk whenever I couldn't sleep at night because I took a nap in the afternoon.

As I stood infront of the microwave watching the neon numbers my thoughts again drifted to her.

The office was unusually stuffy so I decided to go out. Rehaan, my secretary questioned my sudden weird behaviour but didn't ask. I took my laptop and phone and walked to the nearest coffee shop.

It was a small shop so there weren't many people around. I ordered an Americano and sat down on a table with the windows on the side. The windows showed the view of the busy road.

Everyone in suits walking around talking on phones. Usually I am also one of them, being the CEO of one of the most influential company isn't easy when everyone older keeps challenging your position. But when you enjoy what you do, it doesn't matter.

Because of the cosy and silent environment I could work really easily. After some time, my focus was broken by the unmistakable pitter patter of rain. I looked out to find light raindrops falling on the busy road making everyone sigh in annoyance.

Soon the rain became heavier and everyone started to run for shelter. I realised that the shop might become crowded too. So I called my driver to come and get me.

As I looked out once again, I saw a girl. A girl dancing in the rain. Confused I walked out to make sure I was seeing properly.

Why would someone purposely ruin their clothes and waste their time just to get drenched in rain was beyond me. I stood in the shelter of the shop and watched her.

She was spinning around in the rain arms spread wide as she wanted to fly. She jumped in the puddles and the water flew at some people running by.

She giggled and a sorry flew from her mouth but that didn't stop any of the fun she was having.

She looked beautiful and intriguing. I thought of talking to her. Should I go introduce myself? Just as I was going to walk to her my phone rang.

I picked it up.

"Sir, I am here. Right infront of the shop. Mr.Rehaan said to bring you urgently as their are some files to discuss."

"Yes I can see you. Wait a minute I just need to...." I trailed of as I noticed the girl was nowhere to be seen.

I looked around but couldn't find her. Giving up I went back to office thinking of firing the driver. But it's not like it's his fault.

I finished the milk and got in bed again. After about half an hour I finally fell asleep.

Next morning I was feeling tired and groggy. I was still sleepy as I only slept for about four hours. It's not healthy and Rehaan would scold me for this but what can I do.

I did my morning routine and decided to get coffee from that coffeeshop in hopes of seeing that girl.

I know it's stupid to think that she would be there again. It's not like she comes there everyday to dance but a guy can hope.

_______________________________________

Hello everyone,

So how was this chapter? If you liked it do leave a vote and a comment.

Stay safe and healthy~
- Author