Chapter 21

Rehaan's P.O.V

A nurse knocked on my door and entered. "Mr.Aman has gained consciousness. Would you like to meet him?"

We immediately nodded. I jumped out of the bed receiving a glare from Madiha.

"Be careful." The nurse said. Madiha held onto my hand and we walked as fast as we could.

When we opened the door, Aman was  laying down and a doctor was talking to him. He smiled as soon as he saw me.

Seeing him smile, I couldn't hold back my tears. My whole body shook with sobs. I ran up to him and held his hand.

When he was still in that condition I thought of all the things I would say to him, but now I couldn't say anything. I kept crying and crying.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, his voice still hoarse.

I sniffed, "You-you are okay."

He laughed, "Is that a question or a statement?"

"You are okay now. Please don't-don't leave me like that again."

He smiled and squeezed my hand. "I am not going anywhere. Stop crying now, okay?"

I nodded and wipped my tears.

Alina's P.O.V

I spent a lot of time in the cafeteria. I didn't realise how  hungry I was until I started eating.

I decided to check on Rehaan quickly on my way. I knocked on his door but didn't get a response. I slowly opened the door but the room was empty.

Confused I walked towards Aman's room. Maybe he went there again.

I opened the door and walked in. I rubbed my eyes. Am I dreaming? I thought. 

I smiled. I hope this is not a dream because I won't be able to handle it. He looked at me and frowned.

"Excuse me, who are you?" He asked.

My eyes widened. "I- what- what do you mean?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"I am sorry but do I know you? I am having a hard time placing you."

"I- I am-" My voice broke as stream of tears fell down. My lips wobbled as I kept on crying.

"Please don't cry, it's just a joke. Ofcourse I remember you, Alina." He said hurriedly.

"Joke? A joke? Is this funny to you?" I shouted angrily wiping my tears.

"I am so sorry. I didn't knew you would cry." He said his eyes wide looking at my tear stained face. 

"Ofcourse, why would I cry? It's not like I was waiting for you to wake up. It's not like I was worried to death for you. It's not a big deal. Just a joke." I ranted.

I walked towards the door, "You seem to be totally fine considering you are joking around already. So I will leave. Good bye." I said.

"No. Wait, come on. I am sorry. Please don't leave." He said shuffling trying to stand up.

I immediately rushed to his side. "Are you crazy? Why are you getting up?" I guided him back down.

He held my hand and pulled me beside him. "Don't leave." He whispered looking at me pleadingly.

A small smile graced my lips. " I am not going anywhere." I said.

Soon his eyes started drooping and he fell asleep. The doctor said it's because of the medicines he is on and for us to not to worry.