Chapter 11

Aman's P.O.V

Three weeks later, Alina's designs were almost ready. She works from home as she doesn't have her own office yet.

I introduced her to the staff through Skype earlier. Everyone liked the ideas. Every once a week she comes to the office to discuss or show her designs.

I offered her a office and some staff to help her out here  but she declined.

"I am still a newbie. I need to prove myself first and get permanently hired." This is what she said to me and I agreed.

I learnt a lot about her in these weeks. She is quite talkative when she gets comfortable. But I am not complaining. I feel like I could listen to her talking for all my life.

Her voice is like a melody. It sounds like silk to me. So smooth and pretty like her. She also has a habit of gesturing while talking. She moves her hands a lot. It's adorable.

I was working when Rehaan entered. I looked at him waiting for him to talk. "We are going on a trip!" Was the only thing he shouted and then started jumping all over my office.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"We are going on a trip. Won't it be so fun?" He said still excited but standing at one place.

"Why are we suddenly going on a trip? And when did I agree to this?"

"Did you not check your email?"

I shook my head and opened email. Going through some unopened ones I finally opened one by the Manhattan team.

"They want us to inspect the site once?"

He nodded excitedly. "So it's a trip!"

I nodded in understanding. Suddenly I had an idea. "We should take Alina too. She is the interior designer. She needs to see the site too, right?"

"You just want to take her on a trip, don't you?" He asked.

"It's just a benefit. The main reason is work."

After thinking something for a minute, he looked like he had a light bulb moment. "Let's ask Madiha too!"

"Her best friend? Why?"

"Because she is her best friend. She would be more comfortable with her around."

I hummed. "That sounds good but why are you so excited about it?" I asked.

"Because I like trips. Why else would I be excited?"

"I don't know maybe because you have a crush on Madiha?" I asked teasingly.

"Focus on your own love life not mine!" He shouted and immediately left.

He does like her, doesn't he? He makes it so obvious. I decided to call Alina to talk about the trip.

I called her and then I heard a phone ringing outside my door. Then a knock. "Come in." I said.

Alina opened the door and came in smiling. "You were calling?"

I smiled at the coincidence too. "Yes I had something to discuss."

She sat down and took out her tablet probably to show me the designs.

"The construction is almost done only a few final touches are left." She nodded at me to continue. "We need to go check out the site now."

"We need to go there personally?" She asked emphasising on we.

"Yes. I think it would be better if you come since you can get a better understanding of the suits. You can also talk with the main interior designer about the rest of the hotel designs."