Chapter 18

Alina's P.O.V

Our apartment isn't that far from the airport so we reached in about 15 minutes. As soon as we entered, dumping everything in the living room, Madiha left to take a nap. She must be exhausted.

I decided to text Aman now. I quickly told him that we have reached and he should text me when he does.

I sprawled down on the couch. After a while, when I felt a bit better I decided to unpack.

I know that if it's not done now it won't be done in the near future. I dragged the luggage and my feet to my room first.

I dumped everything on my bed and sat down. Quickly folding everything and arranging them in piles, I placed them back in their respective places.

I went into Madiha's room and she was sleeping peacefully. I dragged her luggage too and unpacked it.

After two hours, I was finally done. I was tired but decided against sleeping. If I sleep now I won't be able to sleep at night.

I plopped down on the couch. I picked up my phone to check any new messages.

Aman hasn't replied yet. He must be busy or maybe sleeping.

I turned on Netflix and started watching the drama I had recently started.

I didn't realise when the sun set. Having no energy to cook now, I ordered some take out.

Food arrived quickly. I payed the delivery boy and placed the food on the table.

I went to wake up Madiha then. She kept mumbling as I shook her.

"I don't want to eat." She whined.

"You need to." I argued.

"I will later." She said.

I yanked her blanket and pillow. She looked at me eyes half closed.

"Wake up now." I said sternly.

She nodded and grumbled something as she went to freshen up.

"Did you unpack my stuff?" She asked coming out.

I nodded. "Thank you." She said happily.

"Let's go eat now." I said.

We sat down on the couch and I turned on a random episode of Friends.

After eating, she cleaned up as I had unpacked her stuff. As she was washing the dishes, I remembered that Aman hasn't texted me back yet.

I was getting worried now. He usually responds right away. Even if he was sleeping he would have woken up by now.

I decided to call him. The phone ranged and ranged but he didn't pick up. I was getting more and more worried now.

I called Rehaan in hopes of knowing Aman's whereabouts. But he didn't pick up either.

I tried several times. But they didn't pick up.

Seeing my face Madiha asked, "What's wrong?"

"Aman asked me to text him when we reach home but he hasn't replied yet. And he isn't picking up his phone nor is Rehaan."

"Really?" She asked picking up her phone probably to check her messages.

"Anything from Rehaan?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"What if something's wrong?" I asked.

"I am sure everything's okay. Don't worry." She assured me.