Chapter 8

Alina's P.O.V

I sat down infront of him still suprised by the revelation. I looked around taking in the beauty of his office.

When I entered the building I realised how beautiful and professionally designed this building was and it made me more nervous.

The office had three walls painted a light grey colour with a floor to wall window. The window brought in lots of natural lightning and a majestic view. All the furniture was wood and  light brown in colour.

I was impressed and wanted to take pictures for study. He cleared his throat and I immediately looked at him.

"I am so sorry, Mr.Khan. Your office is just really nice." I said.

"It's okay but we should start the meeting now. It's already quite late."

"I am so sorry about that. I won't give any excuses but I hope you won't consider it while taking the decision." I said.

He smiled, "It's okay. You don't need to worry. Now do you have your resume?"

"Yes, here." I said handing him my resume which I spent the whole of yesterday going through and making it perfect.

He went through it silently with a blank face not giving away anything.

I just sat there nervously playing with my sleeves and purse. Beads of sweat trickled down my forehead and I quickly wiped them.

He looked up and passed me the tissues. I took them embarrassed.

"You are hot." He blurted out.

I looked at him suprised by the choice of his words.

"No I didn't mean it like that, it's not that you are not hot. I meant that-" He rambled on.

I chuckled, "It's okay, I understood what you meant."

He breathed in relief. "I will lower the temperature. And glad there isn't any misunderstanding."

I just smiled thankfully. After the temperature turned a bit cooler, he looked at me again.

"Your resume is impressive. You passed all your classes with great scores but unfortunately interior designing is not something I can judge based on academic scores. Even though they do tell me about your knowledge of this field."

I nodded in understanding. "Ofcourse. I can show you some of my designed pieces if you would like that?"

"Yes, please. Do you have them with you?"

"Yes, just a minute." I said taking out my tablet and opening the gallery. I showed him the pictures of all the rooms I designed for my family and family friends.

He studied them again with that blank face of his. Which I was starting to get annoyed by. Can't he just smile if they look good or frown if they doesn't? What's with the mystery?

I patiently waited for him to say something or in his case atleast show some emotion. He finally looked up meeting my eyes and I swear I almost got lost in those eyes. They were grey almost silver.

"These all are very nice, Ms.Alina. But the project I might give to you is quite big. And from what I see you have only ever designed for family. Are you sure you can handle this?"

"Even though I only have designed for my family I did my best in all those projects. And I assure you that I would do my best in this project too."

He smiled leaning back in his chair. "I like your determination and confidence. But I still want to test you."

"Go ahead, I will try my best to pass it." I said with a confidence I wasn't feeling.

He sat up and pressed a button on his phone on the desk. The door opened and a girl entered.

"Mrs.Neha? Where is Rehaan?" He asked confused.

"Mr.Rehaan went to inspect some sites. He isn't back yet. How may I help you, sir?" The lady asked politely.

"Can you get me the files for the Manhattan project from Rehaan's desk, please?"

As he was talking I realised how polite he is to his employees. Not many people are like that. I have experienced it firsthand.

The bakery I used to work at before the cafe was really bad. The owner was mostly out and his son used to run it. He was rude and shameless. He made a lot of sexist jokes and fed up by it I left that job.

Soon the lady came back with some files. "Thank you, Mrs.Neha. You can go now."

He opened the files and passed me some pages. "These are the plans and construction pictures of the hotel."

I picked them up and went through them carefully. I looked at him expectantly, waiting for the question.

"The second page are the luxury suits. Can you give me your insights on them?" He asked pointing to the second page.

I put all the other pages down and studied the second page carefully.

Aman's P.O.V

She was studying the pictures and I was studying her. She looked adorably focused.

I was impressed by her scores and designs but I needed to take this last test.

After a couple more minutes, she finally looked up.

"The suits are quite large which resembles it being a luxury suit. The windows are at the perfect location which will give a perfect view during day as well as night. In my opinion we should go with a modern royal look for these suits."

Raising my eyebrows, "Do elaborate on the idea."

"Well, I was thinking that we can give the furniture a royal look but all the facilities will be the most modern and best. Thus giving the guests the feeling of staying in a castle but with all the comfortable facilities."

I smiled. "Very good, Ms.Alina. This idea is really good and I like it."

She smiled widely. "Does this mean I get the job?" She asked excitedly.

"Maybe." I teased.

Her face fell.

I immediately cursed myself. "The job is yours. That was a joke I am sorry."

Her face lit up again. "Oh. Thank you so much. I won't let you down."

"I would love to hear more about this idea but unfortunately our time is up for now. Can you prepare a rough design till our next meeting?" I asked.

"Ofcourse. When should I come next time?"

"Is next week, same day okay with you?"

"Yes, ofcourse."

"Wait a minute," I said checking my schedule. "I am not free the next week at all but we can meet for lunch?"

"That's fine by me." She stood up.

I held my hand and she shook it. Her hands are so soft. "You will recieve a text with the meeting details. Good bye, Ms.Alina."

"Thank you for your time and the job. Goodbye, Mr.Khan." She said smiling.

I walked her to the door and opened it for her. She looked at me one last time and went in the elevator.

I think I might be falling for her....

_______________________________________

Hello everyone,

Leave a vote and comment.

Stay safe and healthy~
- Author