Chapter 20

Alina's P.O.V

Three weeks. That's how long it has been. He didn't woke up yet. Why? We still don't know.

I spent all my free time here. With him. I go to my part time job and then come back here. That has become my daily routine.

I decided to arrange the room a bit, not having anything else to do. I was fluffing up the pillows on the couch when Rehaan came in.

"Hey." He greeted softly.

I turned around smiling. "Hey, how did your check up go?" I asked.

"I still can't move my arm freely but the doctor said it's healing."

"That's great. You will be alright before you even know it." I said trying to sound cheerful. It's difficult to be cheerful about anything these days.

"Anything?" He asked hopefully.

I sighed, "Nothing. They still don't know anything."

Silence surrounded us as we sat down on the sofa. The beeping of the machines continued in the background.

He spoke first, "You should go home and rest for some time. You have been here for a long time. I will stay with Aman."

I shook my head. "I can't do that. You are a patient, you can't take care of another patient. It's fine, you should go rest before Madiha finds you."

He laughed,"She is scary, especially when angry."

"I know, but honestly go rest. I am fine here."

He stood up and looked at Aman for some time. Then waved at me and left. I can't even imagine how he must be feeling. From what I know, they both are very close.

Sitting down beside his bed, I picked up the book. The one he bought for me. I read it to him. I don't even know if he likes it or not. I just wanted to do something for him. I talk to him. Play his favourite songs. Anything that might generate a reaction.

Rehaan told me about his family. I asked, whether he informed them or not? He explained why he didn't.

My heart broke after I heard that. He didn't told me everything, said it's not his place to. But what I heard was enought to let me know just how lonely Aman must have been.

I made a promise to myself to not leave him. To stay by his side.

As a friend or as someone more.

Someone knocked on the door and Madiha peeked in.

"You look like shit." She said as soon as she entered the room. I burst out laughing. "Seriously, atleast wash up."

"I do wash myself." I said rolling my eyes.

"Have you eaten yet?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"You need to eat. Do you want to stay at the hospital as a patient too?" She asked.

"I do eat. I will go to the cafeteria, since you are here. You want anything?" I asked.

"No, unlike you I eat at time."

"Whatever." I said and picked up my purse. I waved at her and left.

Madiha's P.O.V

I sat down on the chair Alina was sitting at before.

"How are you? Will you wake up now? We are really worried you know. It's been too long now. Wake up." I said and silence greeted me back.

I sighed.

Picking up a book from the table, I flipped through it's pages. I made sure not to remove the bookmark because Alina will kill me if that happened. I learnt my lesson when that happened once.

After reading a couple of pages, I was bored. I sat it down and took out my phone when his fingers twitched. No way I thought. That didn't happen, did it?

I focused on his fingers. If it happens again then it means I am not seeing things.

I waited for some time but nothing happened. Maybe I was seeing things, imagining things I want to be real. Just as I sat straighter, it happened again.

My eyes widened. I quickly pressed the nurse call button.

A nurse came in rushing. "Is everything okay, ma'am?"

"He-he just moved his fingers. It happened twice. I saw it with my own two eyes." I said practically shouting at her face.

"Okay, ma'am. I will go get a doctor. You should calm down, please don't shout here." She said and left.

I was so nervous I kept pacing the room, bouncing on my toes.

The nurse came back with some doctors and I was sent out of the room. I stood there for some time not knowing what to do. Then I realised I need to tell Rehaan.

I quickly walked to his room which is just around the corner. I opened the door without knocking and he stood up. 

I pushed him back down on the bed.
"How many times do I have to tell you? Don't leave your bed?"

He apologized rubbing his neck sheepishly.

"It's okay." I said fluffing up his pillow. 

"Why are you here at this time? You usually visit at night." He said innocently. 

My eyes widened hearing that. "I told you not to tell anyone that!" I whisper shouted.

"I didn't." He defended himself.

Then I remembered the reason I was here. How could I forget that? This is not the time to bicker with him.

"Aman moved." I shouted.

"What?" He shouted back.

"Yes, I was there with him when his fingers twitched." I shouted.

"I am going to his room now." He shouted.

"This is a hospital. Please maintain silence." A nurse opened the door and glared at us angrily.

We both apologized. Both of us laughed as soon as she left.

"I called the doctors. They are with him now. We can go when they are done, okay?" I said sitting down beside him.

"Okay, he will be alright now, right?" He asked looking at me with his adorable eyes.

I couldn't help but smile. "Ofcourse, don't worry that pretty little head of yours."

"Pretty little head? My head is pretty? You said that yourself. No take backs." He said smiling teasingly.

"Whatever." I said as my face flushed.

"Madiha thinks my head is pretty~" He sang.

I smacked  his head and he looked at me pouting. "I am a patient. Why would you hit me? I will call the hospital security on you." He said.

"Stop it. It's not gonna work on me." I mumbled pointing at his pouting lips.

"But it did." He replied cheekily making me smile.

_______________________________________

Hello,

Do vote and comment if you liked it.

Stay safe and healthy~
- Author

The Girl In The RainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara