Chapter 8: Domino Effect Part I

<Percy>

'We need to talk.' 

I was so in shock about seeing Luke alive that I don't even realize when Elina grabs my arm until she throws me into a portal.

I am immediately enveloped by darkness. It feels like shadow travel, rushing through an endless black space at breakneck speed. I realize my eyes are closed and open them to a breathtaking sight. Millions of stars are speckled all around the black endless void.

'It's beautiful,' 

I whisper in awe, unable to tear my eyes away from the awe-inspiring sight. I am suddenly spat out of the portal, taking me completely by surprise as I had forgotten that I was in a portal, too busy string at the stars.

The ground is rushing towards me at an alarming speed, I panic looking around to see that I am at the beach -or well about to crash onto the beach. It seems that Elina must have miscalculated how much lower the beach is than the rest of the camp.

As I am just about to hit the ground face first I close my eyes, bracing myself for the impact but suddenly everything seems to freeze. I hesitantly open my eyes to see that I have stopped moving downwards and am instead just floating above the ground like I am in zero gravity. Time definitely hasn't stopped as I can still see the waves lapping against the shore and hear the cry of seagulls flying above the water. 

I quickly right myself just as gravity takes force again and slams me back unto the ground, now standing upright on my feet. Before I could think about what just happened 5  glowing portals open up in front of me and a members of the Army Of Stars jumps out of each portal.

Once they are all out the portals all blink out of existence in a small flash of white light. They form a crescent shape in front of me, Elina right in front of me pointing a double-edged sword at my chest. Even with the dire situation I was in, I couldn't help but admire it. 

It is very pretty. It was a thin, long, double-edged sword. The hilt is black while the sword is bright silver like her hair. There are designs of vines wrapping around the sword and hilt with delicate pink flowers.

'Perseus Jackson!' Elina said, bringing my attention back to her. 'You shall answer our questions pertaining to your two identities or else.'

'Or else what?' I ask boldly, smirking mischievously. The other commanders look at me, shaking their heads, silently warning me of her power and that I shouldn't anger her. 

I appreciate the gesture but I am not that bothered. She can't harm me as the prophecy states that I shall bring salvation, and anyways no one seems to be able to kill me. Alecto tried, the Minotaur tried, the empousai tried, Kronos tried, Gaea tried, and many more, even some gods, but I'm still here. I honestly think everyone should just stop trying.

I continue talking before she can reply. 'You can't kill me and you know you can't, you're just trying to intimidate me. The prophecy states that the hunter shall bring salvation which means that I am important for this war effort, and will probably play a key part in ending the war.'

Elina glowers at me as she lowers her sword because she knows that I am right. 'He is right commander, we can't hurt him,' says the Luke-look-alike. He may be on my side of this conversation but I feel like strangling him. How dare he look just like my dead friend!

He looks at me, 'Why don't we make an agreement.' His sky blue eyes bore into my dark green ones, images flash in front of my eyes, I remember how Luke led Krono's army, those sky blue eyes a cold unwavering golden. How he sacrificed himself, the glint of Annabeth's dagger as he stabbed himself, his howl of pain. I remember his pale face as he spoke his last words and closed his eyes. I remember the pain in Hermes' eyes as he looked at Luke's corpse. How he kissed his forehead and spoke a last blessing. The uncaring faces of the Fates as they carried his body away.