The Truth II

The Truth II

<Percy>

I wake up to someone tapping me insistently on the shoulder. 'Cosmo, wake up.' My mom. I blearily open my eyes, blinking rapidly to try and keep myself awake. Luckily, the room is only lit with a soft glow and so I am not being assaulted by a massive headache as a result of exposure to blindingly bright light upon waking.

"Mom?" I manage to rasp out in my half-asleep state, still practically dozing off every few seconds. She smiles at me, stroking my hair fondly before her expression becomes stern and scolding.

"If a surprise attack was to be launched and you were woken up, would you act like this? I understand that living in the wild you most likely woke up with your internal clock or the sun, but actions like this could be detrimental in the long-run.

"As a Prince you must be ready to lead at all times, no matter how much sleep you have gotten. It is your duty." I wanted to shout and scream. To throw a tantrum and say that I didn't ask for any of this. But I understood. My mom and Chaos have duties as well, but they still wanted a child. I can't deny them of that right just because I am angry about the duties that come with it. I love my mom, and maybe I will grow to love Chaos as my dad as well. I wouldn't give them up for anything.

I rub my eyes jerkily, trying to wake myself up, as I turn to get out of bed only to encounter a problem. I am eight-years-old. My feet can't touch the ground. Suddenly, getting off the bed is a much more frightening endeavour. My nervousness must have shone on my face as my mom chuckled softly before lifting me into her arms and dropping me softly onto the floor.

"Thanks," I murmur bashfully, my cheeks tinging pink. My mom only mumbles about how adorable I am which only makes me turn even redder. She motions for me to follow her and so I do, with one last look at Blackjack who is still sleeping. I contemplate waking him up but I decide not to. Blackjack and I haven't slept well in some time due to the whole Hunters debacle, all our sleep there was light and restless due to us always being tense and ready for an attack. We had to remain vigilant, even sleeping.

We walk through a door which, unlike what I had assumed, did not lead out of the room or even to another bathroom. Instead, it led to an adjoining walk-in closet. Looking back where I came from, I then notice two pure black doors that had, previously, been obscured by the dark walls but are now much easier to make out. The door we took is right in the middle of the wall opposite the bed. On the left and right walls there are also doors. One of those probably actually leads to the bathroom, while the other actually leads out of the room.

Back to the walk-in closet, rows and rows of clothes surround me. Neatly arranged in the closet. They all seem to be my size. It's kind of scary. How did Chaos and Elpis manage to get so many clothes for me in such a small amount of time? Wait. I don't know how long I was unconscious for, it could have been days, months, years. My breathing quickens as the implications settle on me. My mom turns to look at me, seeing the panic on my face she pulls me close to her.

She rubs my back before saying, "What is wrong my darling? You seemed fine some minutes ago." I try to steady my breathing, my mom's rubbing of my back only helping me.

Once my voice is steady, I ask, "How long was I unconscious for?"

She gains a look of understanding before saying, "Just three days darling. Your father stayed by your bedside the entire time. Didn't leave your side once. I on the other hand, was doing damage control with the demigods." I nod to that, letting out a calming breath. I also notice the subtle way she tried to give me evidence that Chaos loves me. I acknowledge the evidence but just keep it filed back in my mind. I wish to make my own observations.