Chapter 4: My Mother

<Percy>

I mist travelled to the stables. Before I leave I need to say goodbye to my last friends, Blackjack and Mrs O'Leary. As I enter the stable I hear all the Pegasi greeting me on my head but I ignore them. I go into the stables and whistle loudly, soon my hellhound appears. 

Immediately she attacks me with slobbery dog kisses. 'Ack!' I say as she jumps at me. Smiling I say, 'Hey girl let me up will ya.' After some time she gets off me and I sit on the floor with her by my side. Blackjack had come out of his stall and was laughing at my predicament now he was laying on my left side with Mrs O'Leary on my right. I petted my hellhounds fur and stroked Blackjack's mane. This will most likely be the last time that I would ever see them again, so I want to just enjoy their company in comfortable silence. That is, until Blackjack ruined it of course.

Hey Boss, he spoke in my mind. Is something wrong?

'Your Pegasus friends are really loud. I need to go to my mother's house' I say without answering his question.

Why does it sound like you're saying goodbye, Blackjack said nervously in my head. I sighed, he always was able to pick up on my emotions. I don't know how but he could.

'That is because I am. I am not welcome at camp anymore and so I am going to say hello to my mother before going into the wilderness and improving on my skills. I can not take either of you with me as Mrs O'Leary would attract way too much attention because she's huge and Blackjack you are the only black Pegasus on Earth and are easily recognized,' I finished. 

I could pick up on how sad Mrs O'Leary was by her whimpering and quiet sniffling. At first I was confused because I expected her to lick me in farewell or something then I realized that she was crying. I hugged her whispering soothing words to her until she stopped. She stood up on her 4 legs giving me a sloppy wet kiss before disappearing into a shadow that most likely goes to the Underworld. I smiled a bit happy that she understands before turning to Blackjack and asking whether he would take me to my mom's place. He looked conflicted. If a Pegasus can look conflicted. He was not sure if he should take me there and have one last ride or leave me here and hope I will stay without a ride, that is until he seemed to realize that I most likely had my own way of getting to my mother's house and just wanted to spend time with him. He seemed happy with that and let me onto his back.

Blackjack shot into the air like a jet, once high enough he started to glide leisurely, obviously taking his time so that we can talk.

So boss, he asked. What happened to make you want to leave camp I mean its your home! Or used to be.

'Well Blackjack,' I started, 'Poseidon disowned me, the whole camp hates me, Thalia said that I am just like other males, Nico blamed me for Bianca's death and was angry because I hurt Lilly though I didn't mean to, also Annabeth broke up with me but I am not too concerned about that because some weeks before I had already known that she was going to break up with me soon so I got over her and started to see her true colors.'

Blackjack was silent for a while until he asked a question that I did not expect. Why can you still talk to and hear me and the other Pegasi if Poseidon disowned you? Shouldn't you lose all your powers?

 I sighed, 'Blackjack what I am about to tell you no one must know especially not Poseidon or any of the Olympians. Do you understand!' Once he had nodded I continued, 'When Poseidon disowned me, I expected to feel my connection to water and horses disappear, but I didn't feel anything. It was as if we never had any connection at all. Of course I mean in blood because he never felt like a father to me because he never cared for me, only used me.'