20

(Davanee)
2 Weeks Later {Spring Break}

"You already packed ya suitcase?" Ace asked me as he drove us home.

I nodded.

"You not excited or what?"

"I am, I just don't like flying," I say.

"Bruh, Nee, you is flying on a private jet that's goin to France, I think you can be a lil bit more enthusiastic," Ace said to me.

Yup. For spring break, Ace's mom wanted us to meet her in France, she wanted her family to meet me and Ace wanted me to get a chance to see France. And yes, his mother has a private jet that she insists we take.

I've never been on a private jet before so I guess it should be exciting for me. The doctor said it was ok for me to fly so I shouldn't be too worried about that.

"Aight, when we get home, we needa shower, get dressed and hopefully we'll be at the airport by 7," Ace said.

"I still don't get why we had to go right after school," I say.

"I already told you my moms wants us there ASAP."

"What's the rush?" I looked over at him.

He shrugged. "Maybe my Grand-mère wants to meet chu badly."
[Grandmother]

"Your what?"

"My grandmoth-"

"Your grandmother?! Your grandmother knows about me already?" I scrunched up my face.

"Davanee, at this point my moms whole side of the family know about you ... and me," he glanced over at me.

"Of course."

Ace pulled up to our apartment building. He parked in his usual spot and we headed inside.

"You wanna hop in the shower first?" Ace asked me as we waited for the elevator

"I don't know why you had to ask when you already know I always shower first."

"Why do it gotta matter anyways? we can hit the shower together."

Just then, the elevator opened with a ding and we went in.

"You like showering with me that much?" I looked over at him as he pressed the button for level three.

He shrugged, keeping his eyes on me. "And if I do?"

I pursed my lips. "...ok, we can shower together."

"For real?"

I nodded. As soon as the elevator got to our level, we got out and found our door.

Our apartment was looking better than it did a couple weeks ago. All we had to do was set it up the way we felt and we were good.(In MM)