12

^^ Ace in MM

(Davanee)

After a very long day, I retired to the room that was being loaned to me. I sighed, placing my butt on the bed.

Ace was still downstairs hashing things out with his mother. That woman found out on her own just by me putting some more salt in my soup.

I ran a hand down my face and sighed again. Afterwards, I felt tears coming. I really don't like the situation I'm in right now.

I wiped the tears away as they came. I sighed and moved up on the bed, laying my head down on the pillow.

As soon as I closed my eyes, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said.

I looked to see Ace making his way into the room.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, wiping away yet another tear.

"I came to check on you. I can't do dat?"

I stayed silent as he took a seat on the bed.

"You aight?" He asks.

I nodded. "Why wouldn't I be? Your mom wasn't yelling at me."

He came up to lay next to me. "Yeh, my fault if shit got awkward over dinner."

"Nah, you're fine," I smiled slightly. "...so she's taking everything away from you? Just like you said she would?"

"Nah," he says. "but she not giving me money no more...that's what I said she was finna do. But it'll pass, everything will eventually go back to the way it was."

"...She gonna take your car?"

He shook his head. "Nah, she can't do dat. It was my pops' car before all that shit happened."

"Oh."

"Yeah," he says.

The room filled with silence as my eyes began to get heavy.

"Stay?" I asked him.

"You want me to stay and sleep in here witchu?" He asks.

I managed to nod.

"Aight."

6 Hours After

The dinging and ringing of my phone woke me up outta my sleep. I groaned, reaching over and grabbing my phone off of the nightstand.

I slightly opened my left eye to look at the time. 5:06 AM.

I kissed my teeth in annoyance. Who's blowing up my phone this early? On the Lock Screen, I also see 12 messages and 6 miss calls from my mother.

Oh, it's her.

First, I opened the text messages to see what she wanted.

Mother: Come home
Mother: I don't know where you are
Mother: I'm sorry for how I spoke to you
Mother: I shouldn't be mad at you
Mother: You're my daughter and I love you
Mother: come home and we can talk
Mother: Please at least let me know you're ok
Mother: Where are you?
Mother: Where are you spending the night?
Mother: Are you with the baby's father?
Mother: Please come home
Mother: please answer the phone

I sighed. She stayed up all night for me? She must really mean what she says.

And just as I was aboutta return her call, she called me once more. I answered as quickly as I could before the ringing woke up Ace who was fast asleep.