13

(Omniscient)

"What did ya mom say when you got home?" Ace asks Davanee as he drove to school with her in his passenger seat.

Davanee shrugs. "She gave me a hug and that was it...but the other morning she said she would really like to meet you..."

"Oh aight, that could be arrange-"

"Can we stop at Chick-Fil-A or something...I'm hungry," Davanee asks, cutting him off.

"I thought you said you ate already..." Ace looked over at her.

"I did but it was only a small bacon, egg and cheese sandwich."

"Aight, we can stop at Popeyes cause it's the closest place to us right now."

"Yeah, I don't care. Just as long as I get to eat."

"Aight."

After stopping at Popeyes and getting them some chicken, Ace finished the journey to school.

Pullin up, Ace parked and they both got out the car.

"Come on," Ace held out it hand for Davanee to hold.

Without even hesitating, she took it, intertwining their fingers.  She gave him a small smile as they continued to walk.

"You're gonna have to let go when we get inside..." Davanee says.

"Why?"

"Cause people finna see and start talking."

Ace shrugged and sucked his teeth. "Let em talk."

"Ayo Ace!" Someone called.

They both turned around and as soon as they did, Ace immediately recognized who it was.

"Nee, go inside, I'll meet chu in there..."

"Ok. You ok?" Davanee asked him, concerned and curious about who the person was.

"Yeah... it's not finna take long."

"Ok..." she let go of his hand and proceeded inside the school and into the cafeteria.

"What is you doing here?" Ace asked his older brother.

"I'm here cause dad can't be here," Justin, Ace's half brother, said.

"Aight cool, go somewhere, I'm in school right now. I can't talk..."

"Oh and who was that? Yo lil girlfriend?" Justin asked him.

"Justin, go home," Ace turned around and ready to walk away, ignoring his question.

"Ima wait here for you after school. Dad wanted me to talk to you bout some shit he heard from ya mom. Sumn about you getting some shordy pregnant," that last part made Ace turn back around. "I mean, that can't be true. Cause who would wanna fuck you, bruh."

Justin laughed it off while Ace just looked at him.

Mom ain't have to go and tell my pops that quick, Ace thought to himself.

"Yo, if dad was concerned about a situation like that, he woulda called to talked to me instead of sending you," Ace told him.