7

never in his life has taehyung gasped so loud when he suddenly hears a knock on his window.

he immediately looks at the spot scared, but he frowns when he sees jeongguk. he stands up with the last strength in his body. he was still crying until now.

he opens the window, wondering how jeongguk even got up there.

"wha-what are you doing here?", he asks, embarassed because of what happened and also feeling uncomfortable because of the fact that jeongguk sees he was crying.

"i will sleep here tonight.", he says and stares at taehyung's face. then he just comes inside.

"wait- why?"

"so that something like that doesn't happen again. or at least i can help you when it does."

taehyung can't help but to feel warm on the inside, because jeongguk cares about him. even though he always convinced himself that jeongguk's interest is the last thing he needs.

the only thing you ever did was being a burden

taehyung remembers his dream. god he wishes he could stop crying.

"jeongguk no it's alright, you can go home."

jeongguk doesn't even know why he cares so much right now, but what he was feeling earlier when he was on the phone with taehyung was horrible and he doesn't want to feel it again.

"i'm already here now. it's okay go to sleep.", he says as he's sitting on taehyung's bed and taehyung is still standing near the window he opened for jeongguk.

taehyung sits down now too, but he just can't stop crying. he tries to stop, he wants to stop so badly but he just can't.

"goddamnit, why are you here?!", taehyung suddenly asks loudly. it frustrates him that he can't stop crying in front of jeongguk.

"because i'm fucking worried okay?", jeongguk says back loudly, making taehyung turn his face to him and look at him with big puppy eyes. jeongguk is being too nice to him, it's actually scary.

"what?", he asks in a soft and quite tone now.

jeongguk doesn't answer though and just sighs.

"jeongguk why did you call me?", he sniffs.

"i had a dream."

"what dream?"

"not a dream. i mean yes but.. i don't know it was more like a feeling that something was wrong with you. i don't even understand it myself."

taehyung doesn't answer and just looks down.

"what even happened that you panicked like that?", jeongguk asks and taehyung looks up to him again. the only thing that lightens the room is the fullmoon, shining right through taehyung's big window.

"d-doesn't matter.", he says and jeongguk doesn't question it anymore. he already assmues that he must've had a nightmare.

taehyung managed to calm down and he doesn't have to try not to sob anymore.

taehyung feels like jeongguk's scent becomes only stronger and stronger as the time passes.

jeongguk feels it too. it's like taehyung's smell get's more intense every time he sees him.

"let's go to sleep.", jeongguk says and taehyung nods.

"you're still wearing my clothes.", jeongguk notices.

"the smell is comforting.", taehyung mumbles, his cheeks turning red right after that, praying that jeongguk can't see it.

why did i just say that omg

"and you really don't want to tell me what happened in your dream?"

"no."

"okay. if anything's wrong and i don't notice, wake me up.", jeongguk says as they both get under the covers.

"mhm.", he hums in response and turns his back to jeongguk.

after a few minutes of silence, jeongguk breaks it.

"taehyung."

"hm?"

his heart skips a beat when he feels that jeongguk is coming closer from behind. taehyung's scent has become so strong and is probably the most beautiful thing jeongguk has ever smelled and he wants more.

he comes close and suddenly burries his face in taehyung's neck.

"jeongguk what are you doin-"

"shh.", he just shushes the other.

taehyung doesn't know why he doesn't push the other away. he doesn't know why he all of sudden feels comfortable being close to the person he hates the most. and he doesn't know what that feeling is when jeongguk suddenly wraps his arm around his stomach.

but it feels good.

he doesn't want him to let go of him.

"go to sleep.", jeongguk says and suddenly his voice sounds better than ever. softer than ever, making taehyung feel warm on the inside.

are these the butterflies they always talked about in books?

taehyung's heart was beating really fast just a couple seconds ago, he was even scared that jeongguk might hear it. but his heart calmed down and he feels himself getting more and more comfortable in jeongguk's hold, enjoying the warmth that comes from his body.

"good night taehyung."

~

taehyung wakes up the next morning, feeling really cold. he turns around and frowns when he sees that he's alone.

he goes downstairs, assuming that jeongguk went home, but he looks at him with wide eyes when he sees that he's in the kitchen, helping his mom with makinf breakfast.

"oh good morning tae.", his mother says.

"good morning tae.", jeongguk says too, smirking.

taehyung feels himself blushing, quickly looking away.

"did you sleep well?", his mom asks.

"y-yeah.", he blushes even more.

"jeongguk told us that you were bored last night because you couldn't sleep and called him over."

"what? i didn-"

"yeah. not worth the mention though, it was my pleasure."

taehyung gives him a death glare.

"well, breakfast's ready.", his mom says overmotivated, calling his dad to come eat now too.